Bargain buys thread

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
How do the top end forks rate? I'm keeping half an eye out for SID replacements, preferably with better sensitivity

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a side note, is it just me or do people have problems with buying too much stuff. I find it gets worse in winter when I miss rides. Right now got a full stable and all bike working and serviced but I'm still on the lookout for random stuff. Never ends.
The less riding i do, the more shopping i do. Gotta get my fix somehow

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'd have to wait at least 80% off lol.

On a side note, is it just me or do people have problems with buying too much stuff. I find it gets worse in winter when I miss rides. Right now got a full stable and all bike working and serviced but I'm still on the lookout for random stuff. Never ends.
Maybe you just have too much money? I don't seem to have that issue myself... But I'd love to!!

DMan

I did have to quit car racing as a hobby and yeah bicycle stuff is cheap compared to a few track days and blowing up metal...
Depends on what you buy. There's a lot of expensive shit bought by people just because. Just look at FB and all the "mint condition" 6K bikes that are upgraded after 3 months. MTBing isn't a poor man's sport anymore.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Depends on what you buy. There's a lot of expensive shit bought by people just because. Just look at FB and all the "mint condition" 6K bikes that are upgraded after 3 months. MTBing isn't a poor man's sport anymore.
yeah agree. Mostly buying stupid small bits like helmet mount for light, trying different rear lights, tubes (yeah still use em on some of my bikes lol). Stuffing around still trying to find miracle saddles, replacing shredded jerseys. Most of my bikes are several years old and might buy if something interesting comes up but not that excited about new bikes at this stage - they seem very expensive.

DMan

yeah agree. Mostly buying stupid small bits like helmet mount for light, trying different rear lights, tubes (yeah still use em on some of my bikes lol). Stuffing around still trying to find miracle saddles, replacing shredded jerseys. Most of my bikes are several years old and might buy if something interesting comes up but not that excited about new bikes at this stage - they seem very expensive.
ha! I have a cheap Ebay light fetish too. It's all good mate. Everyone needs a hobby. My everlasting battery light fight for example

Attachments

Last edited: