Bargain buys thread

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Don’t lots of spank hubs have caps that screw in and out to convert? My mate borrowed a 150 to put in his 148.....I think.
Or did I dream that?
As far as I'm aware their mtb wheelsets can come in 3 different hub variations:
135/142
150/157DH

moorey

call me Mia
Was spank rims, must not have been hubs. I’ll have to find out what it was. Same hub worked in 150 and 148. You just screwed out or in the end caps.

moorey

call me Mia
Would the cassette body and rotor spacing be put out by that?
I can’t recall, and don’t know 150v148 spacing differences.
I wasn’t really paying attention. Maybe it was a hub that swapped between 150/157, therefore same cassette rotor spacing.
If I remember, I’ll ask. I might have imagined the whole thing.

nathanm

Eats Squid
was starting to think the 2nd hand parts market was dead, but...………………..

set of 26" Stans wheels (on shimano hubs) with brand new Hans Dampf tyres for $60. Seller originally want $30 for the front (no tyre) and $40 for the back with a tyre.

Talked him round to both wheels, with 2x new tyres, plus new rim tape and tubeless valve for $60.

I mean it's not new nor really exciting to most people but I've enjoyed finding that you can still score some cheap MTB parts of a fellow rider.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
was starting to think the 2nd hand parts market was dead, but...………………..

set of 26" Stans wheels (on shimano hubs) with brand new Hans Dampf tyres for $60. Seller originally want $30 for the front (no tyre) and $40 for the back with a tyre.

Talked him round to both wheels, with 2x new tyres, plus new rim tape and tubeless valve for $60.

I mean it's not new nor really exciting to most people but I've enjoyed finding that you can still score some cheap MTB parts of a fellow rider.
Haha, I know the ones you bought of FB!