Bargain buys thread

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Couriers please service is very dependent on your local driver, unfortunately their tracking is shite so if your local driver is crap they don't do anything about it anyway.
That's what I'm facing. Looks like he's just kept it or left in his van. They can't even find it in their depot as they don't know which one and even if it came back to one.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/bicycle-travel-case-bag-for-700c-road-bike-26-27.5/XXF-N1806

This appears identical to the Wiggle/CRC Pro bags, but half the price. Bargain EVOC knockoff.
So full points to cyclingdeal for a no fuss refund. Bag was a fail... The side tore off on the way to Europe, glad it waited for the last baggage handlers at Canberra airport on the way home for the zip to fail and dump clothes out onto the floor... It was a bitch to push around too, went saggy and was unstable and annoying.

Buy an EVOC - I will be soon!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Free shipping over $30 at Pushys until 11pm Thursday - use FREESHIP.

Missed their 15% off sale at the end of last month too, sorry... broken hand might have been a distraction at the time.

Hey guys

Been out of the loop for bargain buys for a while, just looking to catch up on the best online places. I used to check out (mainly):
  • In Aus: Pushys, tbsm, torpedo, velogear
  • Europe/UK: Chainreactioncyles, merlin, wiggle, bike24
  • US: JensonUSA, aebike.com, cambriabike.com
Seems to me with exchange rate/GST that overseas is not nearly so attractive as previously.

Appreciate any tips/or pointers to bargain sites I may be missing.

Cheers

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
MTBD is good but I find Pushy’s is more competitive, particularly when they have 15% off storewide sales, which seems to be the last two days of the month at the end of each quarter (need cash to pay GST?). When they do, their pricing on Shimano / SRAM is close to the now-geoblocked Germans. Keep filling that cart, sign up for their emails and pull the trigger when the discount is announced.

The Germans are still good for other stuff though - bike-components.de has recently offered free shipping on two occasions which saves you about $30 on an order.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bugger.

I told them I was hoping to be able to afford one soon and was almost there, and they offered me the code.