Bargain buys thread

SDA

Likes Dirt
What are your thoughts on BikeBug.com

I ordered a few "in stock" items on Monday. Advised that it will arrive today (Wednesday), which I was surprised by and had assumed late this week. I checked the order page this morning and the status is still "Pack".

Assume they may be running a push ordering system, where they may not actually have the items in stock?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That's exactly what they do.

A few of us experienced that earlier in the year with a special they had. Took roughly 2 months I think, before the items arrived.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've ordered from Bike Bug before. Quick and easy. They let you do nearest store pickup also, if that suits.
Have you called/emailed them to ask the status?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That's exactly what they do.

A few of us experienced that earlier in the year with a special they had. Took roughly 2 months I think, before the items arrived.
lol, 2 months for the lucky ones

i got notification today that its being dispatched :p

all good, bargain was had, didn't need them, no complaints

D01

Likes Dirt
I've ordered from them about 4 times, and each time has been painfully slow, even for stuff that's listed as in stock. They've always ended up delivering though, so I'll probably use them again.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I've ordered from bikebug too, no problems here. They've got their own warehouse in Brisbane so that might help.
Every time I've ordered from Bikebug it's always sent up to Brisbane from NSW. Is the Brisbane warehouse a recent thing?
Order placed on a Monday I can expect/hope for delivery as follows..
Pushys...next day
Bikebug...maybe Thursday that week but I'm experienced enough to not hold my breath
MTBdirect...maybe Friday...same as above

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Every time I've ordered from Bikebug it's always sent up to Brisbane from NSW. Is the Brisbane warehouse a recent thing?
Pushys...next day
Bikebug...maybe Thursday that week but I'm experienced enough to not hold my breath
You're doing well with Pushys the last 3 orders for me have been put in before 10am and I get shipping confirmation the next day at about 3pm. That guarantee ship that day if ordered by 2pm is a bit of bs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pushys...next day
I noticed it at the beginning of this year as I was looking to self pick up parts, they once stated and might still do on their site that you can pick up from their warehouse at Willawong but I've not picked up from them as I've just had the stuff delivered by mail. I ordered a 26" tyre and chammy cream and it turned up in about 4 days.

SDA

Likes Dirt
I emailed BikeBug.com today. Shortly after I received a dispatch notification. Over to the couriers now.

Mtbdirect's warehouse is in Melbourne. Delivery is usually 2 days later.
Pushys can be 5 days to the following week.
Hoping the Bike Bug order is here within 5 days. Need a new chain before heading to Derby this weekend.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i usually pickup bikebug orders from tulla warehouse the afternoon after a morning order next day..some stock 9d held at tulsa though, eg argon frames

Litenbror

Eats Squid
But would you get sent the Ibex or Canis??
That's a good call I skipped over the picture all together. Might be worth an email to make sure. I have one of each coming from CRC Ibex for the front and Canis for the rear, hoping it will make the ENR feel a little less sluggish.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The Ibex are good. Not the fastest rolling, but not the slowest. Good grip and have lasted well on the 1200km I've done on the rear so far...