Bargain buys thread

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I don't get it when they do that... They are basically brand blocking and saying fuck you to their willing customers.
if a sole distributor can't be arsed getting what you need from that brand, the geoblocking should become null and void.
I suppose Satan will be skating to work that day...:rolleyes:

ForkinGreat

How do you get around the geoblock?
VPN?? Does that even work?.....or just make logistics more complicated?
no just use a forwarding service. make sure it's worth the expense though. you can ask them approximate shipping costs.

I have used this one to get a down jacket from REI. I think they used a US credit card and shipped to their US address, then posted to me. https://www.ustooz.com/

some services get you a USA shipping address, but if you pay with a non USA CC, that can sometimes fuck things up. if you can use paypal, that might work, but do your homework first.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have used this one to get a down jacket from REI. I think they used a US credit card and shipped to their US address, then posted to me. https://www.ustooz.com/
I've used this one too for geoblocked stuff from JensonUSA.
I check Ebay first and then reluctantly look at JensonUSA if there sin't another better option. Geoblockery is one of the festering blights on MTB vendors that are all big on being 'globalised' as long as it is under their own terms. I hand out a half eaten bag of dicks to the lot of them.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
if a sole distributor can't be arsed getting what you need from that brand, the geoblocking should become null and void.
I suppose Satan will be skating to work that day...:rolleyes:
If you're looking for someone (thing) to blame, you could start with Amazon. That juggernaut is a pox on the planet.

ForkinGreat

If you're looking for someone (thing) to blame, you could start with Amazon. That juggernaut is a pox on the planet.
meh, I already know amazon is shit. staff treated like shit, and geoblocking there too. Amazon (australia) has just enough bike things to draw me in to browse, but 95% of anything I might get there is retardedly a rip-off, or just geoblocked.

FigBo0T

meh, I already know amazon is shit. staff treated like shit, and geoblocking there too. Amazon (australia) has just enough bike things to draw me in to browse, but 95% of anything I might get there is retardedly a rip-off, or just geoblocked.
Amazon built and maintain the 'geoblock' model. In partnership with Google of course.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Amazon (australia) has just enough bike things to draw me in to browse, but 95% of anything I might get there is retardedly a rip-off, or just geoblocked.
Just don't get offered Amazon Prime and watch their streaming service for free for a month. Shit content all round.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Amazon built and maintain the 'geoblock' model. In partnership with Google of course.
I thought geoblocking originated from the movie studios trying to stop people using DVDs for different countries, forcing locals to pay the premium to buy their region.

FigBo0T

I thought geoblocking originated from the movie studios trying to stop people using DVDs for different countries, forcing locals to pay the premium to buy their region.
It could have. I'm comfortable with blaming Amazon and Google though. Throw Apple in too. They made it real.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've used this one too for geoblocked stuff from JensonUSA.
I check Ebay first and then reluctantly look at JensonUSA if there sin't another better option. Geoblockery is one of the festering blights on MTB vendors that are all big on being 'globalised' as long as it is under their own terms. I hand out a half eaten bag of dicks to the lot of them.
Just so long as that bag has been left by the side of the road on a stretch of hot sunny days prior to serving.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
getting on the bike-components.de free shipping bandwagon I saw this:

not sure if thems good prices, but I was a bit sad I only got 2 Canises (Canii?) from chaino for $28 bucks each before they sold out...

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Damn. Zee germans have bulk sale action.

Just ordered some Deemax for the alpine (may have had a slight issue on its main wheelset) for $600 delivered.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
no just use a forwarding service. make sure it's worth the expense though. you can ask them approximate shipping costs.

some services get you a USA shipping address, but if you pay with a non USA CC, that can sometimes fuck things up. if you can use paypal, that might work, but do your homework first.
Ive used MyUS.com too. Had a frame sent out .

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
If you don't mind me asking roughly how much was the total cost to get the frame here?
Bugger, don’t remember... They were pretty good though I recall, they charge only on weight and not dimensions - so they’re good for boxes that are big but not heave like a frame box!

They have a freight calculator on their website if you know what the frame and it’s box weigh.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Bulk buys of shimano gear inner and outter cable? Best place to buy?

Time has come to buy in bulk to save some $ long term