Bargain buys thread

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

Scotty675

Cable thief
Bikeinn are the same as far as geoblocking. Not sure how they are doing it, I have bought plenty with both and never had a problem. Bikeinn are slow to ship though.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Bikeinn are the same as far as geoblocking. Not sure how they are doing it, I have bought plenty with both and never had a problem. Bikeinn are slow to ship though.
Caution on warranty with Merlin, essentially you have none so factor that into the equation.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Caution on warranty with Merlin, essentially you have none so factor that into the equation.
Surely warranty rests with the manufacturer? Get a dodgy Shimano shifter, show proof of purchase, Shimano looks after you: https://bike.shimano.com/en-AU/information/warranty.html

How To Make A Claim

If the part is on a new bicycle:
Bicycle is within the warranty period provided by the bicycle manufacturer, then contact the bicycle manufacturer. The dealer that sold you the bicycle can do this on your behalf. This is the quickest method.

In all other cases:
Refer back to the bicycle dealer that sold you the product - or contact Shimano Australia Cycling directly on 1300 731 077 or (02) 9526 7799.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't find that with them and Shimano. They were just rubbish to deal with. I had an XT cassette as part of a full group that dismantled itself in about 20m. I literally rode up and down the driveway.

One of the pins had let go. Obvious warranty claim and of no use returned unless you needed a paperweight.

After writing to them and showing them photos of the pristine but damaged cassette / chain and all paperwork they insisted I send it back to them from Melbourne. Would have almost cost me as much to buy another one.

Thankfully Shimano Australia helped out and I decided to buy onshore as a result.

Merlin also CBF about it so I'm happy to spend elsewhere.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I didn't find that with them and Shimano. They were just rubbish to deal with. I had an XT cassette as part of a full group that dismantled itself in about 20m. I literally rode up and down the driveway.

One of the pins had let go. Obvious warranty claim and of no use returned unless you needed a paperweight.

After writing to them and showing them photos of the pristine but damaged cassette / chain and all paperwork they insisted I send it back to them from Melbourne. Would have almost cost me as much to buy another one.

Thankfully Shimano Australia helped out and I decided to buy onshore as a result.

Merlin also CBF about it so I'm happy to spend elsewhere.
Yep I had a dodgy lever on a set of brakes. After a futile back and forth with Merlin I contacted Shimano Australia. No joy from them as they only work on stuff sold in Aus if I wanted something done had to send it to the UK.

Surely warranty rests with the manufacturer? Get a dodgy Shimano shifter, show proof of purchase, Shimano looks after you: https://bike.shimano.com/en-AU/information/warranty.html

How To Make A Claim

If the part is on a new bicycle:
Bicycle is within the warranty period provided by the bicycle manufacturer, then contact the bicycle manufacturer. The dealer that sold you the bicycle can do this on your behalf. This is the quickest method.

In all other cases:
Refer back to the bicycle dealer that sold you the product - or contact Shimano Australia Cycling directly on 1300 731 077 or (02) 9526 7799.
This only applies to product purchased in Australia. If you get it from overseas they will be very nice but tell you since late last year they don't touch anything from overseas.