Bargain buys thread

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate seeing anyone go under. Disappointed for trust. They brought something new at a time when mountain biking is becoming pretty same-same
They were very unique but only brought the tiniest of incremental innovation with a price tag 3 times higher than the competition. The numbers were never going to add up.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The Trust fork was an interesting but underdeveloped concept IMO. Personally I am a lot more disappointed the Motion E18+ forks died out. They looked properly innovative.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Wow! I drove forklifts for a few years, often crashed into the racks but that never happened! Scary to think of them coming down like that.
Worst was when you fucked up pulling down from top shelf then you had to get in a cage and be lifted up on another forklift to fix it.. everyone knew you fucked up haha
I still have a valid Forklift license too. I, always keep renewing that one. I was super careful and you can tell that you can bust load of stuff with all of that mass behind you.

Those top shelf lifts are hard. Had to get a cherry picker a few times to fish out loose items on a top pallet.

The turrent truck is the king of warehousing. That thing is awesome.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The Trust fork was an interesting but underdeveloped concept IMO. Personally I am a lot more disappointed the Motion E18+ forks died out. They looked properly innovative.
I saw quite a few of them in wild when I rode at SC. Might all be industry folk.

The hidden bit is that the front axle appears to be under or pretty close to the head tube. I guess you still have your slackness up front but a front wheel can be tucked well backward.

I bet they squeak like old rocking chairs after those linkages get dirty and age.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I saw quite a few of them in wild when I rode at SC. Might all be industry folk.

The hidden bit is that the front axle appears to be under or pretty close to the head tube. I guess you still have your slackness up front but a front wheel can be tucked well backward.

I bet they squeak like old rocking chairs after those linkages get dirty and age.
lol squeak like every other suspension linkage when they get dirty and old.

What do you mean about the hidden bit?

Attachments

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I still have a valid Forklift license too. I, always keep renewing that one. I was super careful and you can tell that you can bust load of stuff with all of that mass behind you.

Those top shelf lifts are hard. Had to get a cherry picker a few times to fish out loose items on a top pallet.

The turrent truck is the king of warehousing. That thing is awesome.
I was mostly on a reach truck, then forklifts for dispatch. Ah the good old days!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
lol squeak like every other suspension linkage when they get dirty and old.
I think more so with all these linkages right where there is going to be loads of kicked up dirt.

What do you mean about the hidden bit?
Bad wording on my part, the ones I've seen up close look like the fork has a load for forward rake.

The axle is tucked behind the linkages so it is effectively isn't as long and slack as it appears in the photos, or something..........

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I was mostly on a reach truck, then forklifts for dispatch. Ah the good old days!
I liked my forklift alternate career. I've had to re-sit for the tests before to keep qualified.
Saying that, I'm not an expert forklift driver but could pick it up again pretty quickly if needed.

After having a time where my main line of work died then I promised myself to have a plan B option since the Government wasn't going to help save me either. Got to do what you have to do.

Last edited: