Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
looks like a OneUp ripoff. Down to the same plain packaging...

View attachment 363594

I'm with Seth on these....
I had no idea about the Seth thing. @Boom King clued me up. What would Seth say about RF Aeffect and PNW (5” version) selling the same exact post as BrandX/TransX, but doubling the price. I fitted the Aeffect for a mate. Identical down to the instruction book, with a change to the brand name.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I had no idea about the Seth thing. @Boom King clued me up. What would Seth say about RF Aeffect and PNW (5” version) selling the same exact post as BrandX/TransX, but doubling the price. I fitted the Aeffect for a mate. Identical down to the instruction book, with a change to the brand name.
I dont actually know where to draw line, some of that will just be making generic products that get resold under different names (like Cleanskin), but if its clear its copy I’ll support the original. OneUp are expensive, but they make cool products. Ive bought 2 sets of their pedals, a chain guide, chain ring and now the EDC and pump. Kinda happy to keep supporting them if they make cool shit. Like Wolftooth.
But lots of grey area

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a couple of sets of these to try. Mainly for the teal colour for Quinn’s bike.
Really impressed so far. Big platform, grippy, spin smooth, reasonably thin. Feel as good as other composites I’ve paid 2-3x as much for. Better than some. 400g the pair is about 50g heavier than some, but feel super solid.
Good colour choice if you’re into that. I got black.
$23 plus a bit of post.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223957471411
View attachment 363592
Out of interest is there just a touch of concave on the platform?
If so I’m in

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Bought a couple of sets of these to try. Mainly for the teal colour for Quinn’s bike.
Really impressed so far. Big platform, grippy, spin smooth, reasonably thin. Feel as good as other composites I’ve paid 2-3x as much for. Better than some. 400g the pair is about 50g heavier than some, but feel super solid.
$23 plus a bit of post.
View attachment 363592
Ebay pedals? Just report to the fuckwits thread

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$23 plus a bit of post.
View attachment 363592
Bought some. Thanks for the heads up.
All about those yum-cha catalog parts. Been running the same $15 ebay upper chain guide accross multiple bikes for years.

moorey

call me Mia
Bought some. Thanks for the heads up.
All about those yum-cha catalog parts. Been running the same $15 ebay upper chain guide accross multiple bikes for years.
Same. I save a few dollars where I can on certain items....but won’t compromise on other things. While pedals are a pretty critical item, these certainly aren’t going to snap off during general duties. As I’ve said, on my race enduro and DH bikes, I only run tried and tested pedals.
Same with guides. Top guides for ISCG old, there’s few options aside from the eBay options.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Which PNW post is a BrandX? I thought they made their own stuff. Notices the Raceface re-branding in a review once. Even the remote was exactly the same