Bargain buys thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have 8 x 13t ceramic Jockeys on the way, cant be any worse than the jockeys with a plastic sleeve.

ozzybmx

Or 13t

I have not tried any of these yet but according to a few YouTube vids, they make Shimano SLX so much better.

TBH I reckon the cage weakness on SLX is the biggest issue.

ozzybmx

So are these to replace the cogs in a shimano 12sp derailleur? 13t?
13t are for 12spd. Apparently takes them to a different level of solid, I ordered 3 weeks ago, not expecting them for another 3 weeks+.

moorey

call me Mia
So are these to replace the cogs in a shimano 12sp derailleur? 13t?
They’re 13t yeah. I need 11t/11sp.
I’m all for bargains....but around $1? Hmm. I’d like to see companies supply a spare guide pulley in the box. Guide always wears out. Tension never does.

moorey

call me Mia
13t are for 12spd. Apparently takes them to a different level of solid, I ordered 3 weeks ago, not expecting them for another 3 weeks+.
Some people say aluminum cogs wear the chain faster and are a bit noisier. Any truth? I’ve only ever used the stock plastic ones.

ozzybmx

The 11T cogs are even cheaper, order now, forget about it, be surprised in 6-8 weeks... thats how aliexpress works.

The tracking is bullshit.

The frame I just got is still in China :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

Some people say aluminum cogs wear the chain faster and are a bit noisier. Any truth? I’ve only ever used the stock plastic ones.
No idea man, I watched an SLX vs XT vid on youtube and the bloke reckons the Chi cogs are the shizz, at $5 each, I can be part of that fakery... must be better than a composite wheel with a shroud.

I remember back in the day when XT and X9 had bearings in the jockeys... BOOMER !

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Noisier, yes. Chain wear? Not sure.

What I found was the shorter teeth completely screwed the shifting accuracy. Use as a guide pulley will be fine.