Bargain buys thread

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Those are hot
They fix the one issue with the Curas which is that the stock lever blade is a bit uninspiring... bit of a narrow profile and a bit flexy feeling.

Edit: just noticed he's gone to bearings in the pivots since I bought mine... even better. Original ones just reuse the plastic bushes from the stock levers.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you ridden M8120 XT's? That's what I'm running now but not fully loving them... I still want more power.
Sorry, have not.
Maybe @ozzybmx might be able to answer?

I had Guide RSC 4 pots previously and I reckon the regular Cura is better than those. The Cura 4 is a step up again.

At that price, you’d likely be able to resell them and not lose a cent

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Have you ridden M8120 XT's? That's what I'm running now but not fully loving them... I still want more power.
Curas have oodles of power. The Formula sintered pads give better feel and a bit of a turkey gobble so you know how hard you are hauling. Uberbike racematrix pads are more muted but crazy powerful.

Overall more power and feel then M8120. If you get the Uberbike pads get some braided Kevlar lines as well from them.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry, have not.
Maybe @ozzybmx might be able to answer?
I have M8120, Cura 2 and Hope M4.

There is no issue with either set, different bite points and like any brake, sold from the factory with a balanced pad, 50% stoppage, 50% longevity.
Swap to a better set of pads, will transform any set of brakes, even SRAM until they stop working ;)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Easy yes but one shortcoming being you can’t close the bleed port with the syringe attached like with Shimano so you have to do that dance of trying to get the bleed port screw back in as quick as possible without loosing fluid or introducing an air bubble.
This is the biggest bugbear on the magura calipers too, annoying system. Having said that, as long as the upper port is sealed there should be minimal fluid loss. Or you can leave the cup/syringe up top and it'll just pull back more fluid.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am after some carbon rims so I contacted some Chinese suppliers and asked about Black Friday discounts. I received the following responses:
BTlOS: We are having Black Friday but here is your 15% discount early SF15P
Nextie: No Black Friday sales but have 5% off just for asking. The code they give me appears to be specific to the rims I am after.
Light Bicycle: They sent me a link to the Black Friday sale they were already planning: https://www.lightbicycle.com/newsletter/Black-Friday-Cyber-Monday-Sale-2022.html

Sometimes the best hack is just to ask.