Barry the Burner bike

zac

Likes Dirt
I'd gladly take him for a while, but getting him up here is impossible at the moment. Will definitely keep an eye on this thread though, and if he does make his way up the coast I'll be glad to put a roof over his head and show him the sights.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Watch this space, I have high hopes that he'll move around a bit.

My sister has grabbed him now for her hubby to show him around Ballarat. He had a play on the pump track at black hill today and he's got a shiny new club mud sticker to show off.

@Labcanary will post up when he's up for grabs again, but feel free to put your hand up in advance, especially if you're in the ballarat area...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Watch this space, I have high hopes that he'll move around a bit.

My sister has grabbed him now for her hubby to show him around Ballarat. He had a play on the pump track at black hill today and he's got a shiny new club mud sticker to show off.

@Labcanary will post up when he's up for grabs again, but feel free to put your hand up in advance, especially if you're in the ballarat area...

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Barry needs a shipping company to sponsor him!

stirk

Burner
I'll show bazza the blue mountains if he get's past up this way. I might need to 10 speed him though!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Barry had a little ride around some of the XC trails at Black Hill. The trails were in pretty good condition considering how much rain we've had.
Anybody want to take Barry from Ballarat? Alternatively, I'll be in Frankston this Thursday, 16th May and can leave Barry with a family member to be collected by the next 'Burner.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Ha. I'll give Bazza a tour of Canberra trails if he ever makes his way up. While I still have the knees to be usefully SS curious...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Where's Bazza ????
Still in Ballarat, but I can get him back to Melbourne easily enough I reckon.

I was actually thinking if he's still in touch around November I might take him up to Falls creek for ignition and just leave him out for everyone to have a crack at. Why test ride a shiny new intense when you can have a fang with Bazza?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I was actually thinking if he's still in touch around November I might take him up to Falls creek for ignition and just leave him out for everyone to have a crack at. Why test ride a shiny new intense when you can have a fang with Bazza?
I rode a Baz equivalent at Thredbo down the All Mountain Trail...... it was a special kind of enjoyable

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Has bazza had a night ride yet? I'll burn the dude around lysty night if he pops down this way lol.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You sick bastard...

...where do I sign up?
I'll ship him if this ends up being a thing, can't think of anything he'd like more

...so I'll bring him back to Narre warren next chance I get then? No use for him in Ballarat or surrounding?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Which events allow you to register a 10 man 24h enduro team? Will Barry make it? So many questions!
Barry is a simple bike with simple needs, I doubt you'll have reliability issues.

Bummer the b24 isn't on anymore (I think?) That was a bit of fun. They had some much more casual categories a few years ago when I did it so a less serious team might have more fun...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I wonder if we could make barry skirt the perimeter of Australia?

....ok I'm going to take my meds and go to bed now.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

If he gets over to WA I would hope the WA crew could ride the Munda Biddi with him - that'll do a fair chunk of the SW corner and Bazza would be pretty good for it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So interest in barry has fizzled a little since he had his trip over to ballarat and i was bored so i've retrieved him and given him a bit of a makover

I also 'borrowed' his rubber for a mate, so he's looking a little sad at the moment, but they'll get replaced in short order and he'll be ready to rock and roll again.

I figured the black would really help bring out the stickers from his visits (if he manages to get moving again). so far its an LDTR sticker and a club mud sticker, but im hoping we can cover up a fair bit of that shiny black paintwork. and googly eyes are coming too, i feel this is important

so does anyone want to take him out for a spin in this awesome weather? best time of the year for a single speed, save your expensive 12x driveline ;)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I'll take that bucket of scrap copper in the background off your hands for you if you like.
but I aint payin the postage, IM doin You a favor!