Barry the Burner bike

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Barry's made his way all the way up to Selby (2 suburbs away). Exotic!

Would there be moar interest if he was a DJ bike? I may have a frame I can Barry up if the xc singlespeed just isn't a button pusher.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

safreek

Yes, do it. See if anyone is on the way to Lizzy, the freek will give it a journey around the northern rivers area, may even put a "nimbin" sticker on it if that sweetens the deal

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
do it!...what frame?
Dunno, thought it might have been a gt but it's not. Hasn't been given to me yet, a mate found it on hard rubbish but I think he's leaning towards an xc build instead so I might be able to wrangle something.

...A Nimbin sticker would be mint

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Looks like what we have here is a Malvern star Arma. Never heard of it, so must be boutique right?

I think the wheels / forks from Baz will be spot on for this, probably stick to single speed, and I have a rear Hayes stroker brake so I reckon I might run that and no fronts. That's what the cool kids do right? I have some purple and some red paint left over, but purple would be better for a DJ bike due to the weight saving I think.

Barry 2.0 has potential I think...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What's the go with Barry/Barry2? It's going to be wet as this weekend and both my bikes just had their once-every-4-year clean.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What's the go with Barry/Barry2? It's going to be wet as this weekend and both my bikes just had their once-every-4-year clean.
He's at a mates place in Selby, can get him back in a jiffy if he's actually going to get a run

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wouldn't want to trouble you given my lack of committment. Let me know when/if shes back in nazza and I might pop in for a burn!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've been meaning to grab him anyway, can't start "Barry2 - the Jumpenator" without the wheels and forks from barry1. I'll see what I can do today or tomorrow

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Barry 2, the Jumpenator is all systems go

Same wheels and driveline, new frame and forks, replaced the mismatched brakes with a single rear brake. Should be fine, but just in case there's issues I'll get the kids to test it later this arvo. Can't be too careful...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nice manual machine. have you been using it during recovery?
Lol

Yeah a couple of times. Between the injury and lack of skill it's definitely one of the more painful things I've gotten up to recently. Give it a bit more time and some more physio and I'll be ready to embarrass myself properly on it again

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bazza lives! I'll be coming back to Canberra after Christmas with a spare spot on the rack if he's up for a trip north. He will get a front brake though if he spends any time in my shed...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Bazza lives! I'll be coming back to Canberra after Christmas with a spare spot on the rack if he's up for a trip north. He will get a front brake though if he spends any time in my shed...
But it’s a dj bike......