Bashguard

adam

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
I bought some polycarbonate the other day and decided to make an evil style bash guard. Actually i made two of them. They are about 12mm thick so theyre pretty burly, and i think it should hold up pretty well. What do you think? Im gonna get some more more this week, so if anyone wants one i could make one up for a couple dollars.

Any input would be great too.

Adam

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
why is it so much bigger than your chain ring? wouldent u rather more ground clearace? or do u have to allow for flex?

S.

ex offender
oz-freerider said:
why is it so much bigger than your chain ring? wouldent u rather more ground clearace? or do u have to allow for flex?
More bragging room. Doesn't matter about ground clearance anyway, chances are that whatever you hit will break before your bashguard. I've heard tales of people literally cracking or chipping rocks when they smash Lexan bashguards on em.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More bragging room???? i never said it would break but i would rather not hit it in the first place is more what i ment

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey adam - how much is a couple of dollars? would u make it for a 42 tooth chain ring? i'm pretty interested get back to me

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey adam - u reckon u could put Peach there instead of BKR? like it would be cool to have them custom made for the person, i'm sure if people wanted their name on it they would be willing to pay a tiny bit extra

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
oh yeh - he should make the farkin.net one standard and extra to get u're name on it..
where can i buy farkin.net stickers?

adam

Likes Dirt
Ive actually got one exactly the same size as that ring. Its just that was the second one i made and the last one i put on. And its just a harddtail, and clearence isnt really an issue round these parts.

Yeah, i can make one for anyone who wants one. Ive only got the pattern for my race face cranks, but if you tell me what youve got i should be able to work something out.

Ill only make 3 sizes avaliable though, cause otherwise its a lot of stuffing round getting the right sizes.

Yeah, peachy, i can put peachy on it for you, i might even try to find some sticker letters to make it a little more professional.

Im also gonna work on a chainguide to go with it, maybe MRP style, or ive got a few other ideas floating round. :idea:

Now for the price. How does $35 sound? That includes postage. Ill make a trip to newcastle tomorrow to pick up some more poly.

Anyone else thinking of one? Just wondering how much more ill need.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
COUNT ME IN ADAM!!!!! i have a truvativ hussafelt crank and a 42 tooth chain raing, please put my name on it. $35 sounds GREAT! can u email me with details of what i gotta do... thanks man, u are a champ

adam

Likes Dirt
im pretty sure its -BKR-
Yeah, its -BKR- my last name is Baker, so its just short for that.

make up a farkin.net one, hehehe
Yeah, I can make a Farkin.net one up too if you want. Like i said, ill try to find a better way to get the lettering on there. Make it look nice and purty.

The quality and finish on these wont be quite as good as an evil guard, but im using mainly a heap of power tools, but i am refining the production process.

______
Adam

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
very nice... sometimes i've wonder why things like that cost so much, and why i couldnt make my own.

i guess im just lazy.... with an army of guys like you adam, many mtb'ers would be happy fellows

adam

Likes Dirt
yeah, sounds like im gonna be making heaps, but thats good.

if you guys want one just P.M me, and ill send a reply pretty soon. I should be able to get a batch in the mail on monday.

Thanks
Adam