Basic Home Maintenance Gear

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You can make a hanger alignment tool with a bit of square tubing, an m10 bolt, a random bolt and a few nuts and washers.
But probably not if you don't already have basic tools for working on your bike at home.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You can make a hanger alignment tool with a bit of square tubing, an m10 bolt, a random bolt and a few nuts and washers.
I mentally went down this route as I have the skills. Then thought of the billion other things I’m supposed to build, renovate, mow, take to the tip, clean, repair and thought fukit and bought one from Ali for only slightly more that those components would have cost me.
But yes. very easy to make.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Brand of tools is important too.

Knipex, Wera and Bahco everything is good.

Bondhus Gorilla grips are good Allen keys.

Pedros, Park, Unior, Icetoolz, Cyclo, Topeak all make good bike specific tools. Some are better than others for certain things but I don't have any complete duds from those brands. If I'm honest the BBB, Wrenchforce, Venzo and other lesser brands have been ok too, as long as they were made in Taiwan.

Tohnichi flat beam for torque wrenches. But again in fairness I have Taiwanese clicky ones that work just as well.

Lezyne, Silca, SKS and Topeak make good pumps.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I asked Raoul of LuescherTeknik (the carbon repair/diagnosis guy) re torque wrenches, and he said that he used Norbar.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
I mentally went down this route as I have the skills. Then thought of the billion other things I’m supposed to build, renovate, mow, take to the tip, clean, repair and thought fukit and bought one from Ali for only slightly more that those components would have cost me.
But yes. very easy to make.
Link for decent Ali hanger aliment tool ?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
you can make a chain whip from a short length of steel flat bar and a piece of dead chain, put some tape or heatshrink on as a handle and your're golden..