Basketball

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
Hey, just wondering if anyone else on farkin plays, likes or has anything to do with basketball. If so where abouts,
also what skill level do you think you are at?

Ohh yer i play basketball at KBA- Knox Basketball Association , I am fairly good , I used to play for Dandenong and made the two's in Dandenong Rangers (Representative)
For two years in a row, now i play at Knox and i don't have enough time to play rep any more with Riding, Cricket and Football going on.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i play for boronia buffaloes :rolleyes: im 16 and playing under 20's so i think i would give some of the guys on here a good run for their money. i used to play for knox raiders (representative) but quit. i then went to play sherbrook (another rep team) just for fun with a few mates but the club was shit and played favourites with a couple of players (always got best on court). i used to play everyday but after changing schools (the school i go to now is vollyball based = gay) and breaking my shoulder (couldnt practise for 6 weeks), riding and school has taken over. now i only play 2 games a week (domestic and mens). i love the game and everything to do with it. i kinda wish i had kept playing rep because i think i could have gone places but then again if i hadnt i probably wouldnt have got into dj, street and downhill racing so its all panned out nicely.:)

Last edited:

Z100

Likes Bikes
Im a rep player from way back, started rep at Waverly Falcons and later played Dandenong Rangers. I was playing three games a week at one stage, plus the fun early sunday morning training!
Still play domestic down at Stud Rd stadium in good old Dandenong.
Just play for the fun of it now, nothing too serious.

stoff

Likes Dirt
Played rep at Melbourne Tigers and then Bulleen up until about 16-17. When I was about 15 I was playing A Grade Mens at Hawthorn (not the A gradest of A grade comps back then) on Wednesdays, Tigers on Friday nights with the good old early Sunday training, club on Saturday afternoons and school on Saturday mornings. I also used to ref on Saturdays and Thursdays. Stopped for a few years and got back into it playing in a mixed team with some mates for about three seasons. I had never one a flag until that mixed team and we won all three seasons we played, as well as one with a mens team in that comp as well. Now my knees are shot, my ankles are shot, and my fingers are mangled - once I get back from o/s I am going to get back into it (although maybe I should wait out the 7 years for vets). Amazingly for all that time, I still can't shoot to save myself. Defence, passing and hussle will get you on to teams kids.

Oh yeah I'm 183cms.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im on the shorter side of average. i like being small though. you get to be point gaurd and get alot of the ball and you get to run weely weely fast!!:rolleyes:

My sisters on the verge of making the canberra capitals if that counts.
my sister plays knox raiders in the 2 side. she was playing ones but didnt like the pressure everyone put on her. i think thats why i quit aswell. atleast she still does it though..

Amazingly for all that time, I still can't shoot to save myself. Defence, passing and hussle will get you on to teams kids.
damn straight. although i can shoot, my best asset was passing. to be able to fool a team members opponent and get them free for a shot is something that not all people are good at. i always thought that the people that got the most points were the best but the people who work to get those people that basket are the ones who should be getting the praise.

Last edited:

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
damn straight. although i can shoot, my best asset was passing. to be able to fool a team members opponent and get them free for a shot is something that not all people are good at. i always thought that the people that got the most points were the best but the people who work to get those people that basket are the ones who should be getting the praise.
Hells yer, i am 6 foot exactly i am only 15 though but i aint the best shooter, but if i am wide open more than likely it goes in, but i can dunk and play defense thats bout it, and i do fine, everyone likes to have the ball and score, fancy shit, show off all that crap, but you are more of an asset if you do the little things, and do stuff noone else can or wants to.

Z100

Likes Bikes
Hells yer, i am 6 foot exactly i am only 15 though but i aint the best shooter, but if i am wide open more than likely it goes in, but i can dunk and play defense thats bout it, and i do fine, everyone likes to have the ball and score, fancy shit, show off all that crap, but you are more of an asset if you do the little things, and do stuff noone else can or wants to.
Good Defense wins games, all the good teams I have played with had the same good defensive core. I guess at rep level its bashed into your brain about good defense. No use having a great offensive team if you let the opposition out score you.
As for height, i am about 180cm or point guard height. Proud to say I was able to dunk (only one handed), but never managed to in a game.

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
i used to play basketball and was good when i wanted to be however other sporting commitments over took and i was unable to keep playing. nevertheless i would like to play the modified game of slamball atleast once, looks like a hell of a game

Binaural

Eats Squid
I love basketball, used to play it heaps but not competition at the moment because I've got too many other things on. I'm 6'5 with a 210cm wingspan, so defence / rebounding / shotblocking is my forte. I normally play forward or center, normally the latter because my ball handling is not especially beautiful :eek: I'm a decent jumpshooter but prefer to play inside since I'm fast and get up high whengoing to the hoop off short drives. It does kind of suck having to go inside and beg for the ball though, on several teams I've played on with guards who overrate themselves it can be aggravating to spend the entire game throwing your weight around in the paint only to receive the ball as a last chance option or when I drop way back out of position.

s73v30

Likes Dirt
Yeap, played VC rep for Bullen for a while, also still playing domestic for Koonung on Saturdays (Melb Btw). Rep was fun but I got tired of the early morning training on Saturdays and the mid week and the mid week morning trainings ahhh it never ended. In the end I had to cause I was starting to hate it and I didn't want that. I do however miss the competitiveness of it.:rolleyes:
I'm about 6"2'. can dunk unguarded if that's much? generally play in the post most of the time, pop out a little when I'm feeling risqué:p

harryp2

Likes Bikes
Turning 16 playing mens and 6'3.
Nothing better than a uncoached bunch of slackers trying to hit shots from
the half line, seriously coaches do nothing. :p