BB Size

nathan

Likes Dirt
Just wanted to know the size of my bb but i cant get my cranks off. (All ready broken a self extractor) Does anyone know of any sites that have info on bbs or how i can find this out. It's a Giant Rainier 2002 model. If anyone knows the size let me know and that would be great. Thanks

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
you can measure the shell without the cranks off. just flip ur bike upside down & measure the distance of where your bb is in. it'll be either 73 or 68... as for the spindle length well that one is tough without the cranks off... cuz it's not just ur bike, but the crank shape too

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you have stripped a self extracting bolt trying to remove the cranks, it's time you pulled them off and cleaned them anyway.
i'll get the info for standard sizes for you today if i remember, but if you have swapped cranks/BB then it will be different for you.
also get a good crank extracter for taking your cranks off and only ever use self extracting bolts for emergencys. will save you from stuffing many hundreds of dollars of cranks because of $10 bolts.