Beards increase performance

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I am in 100% agreeance, the science is undeniable. Grew a beard myself over summer and noticed the benefit of improved performance as well as increased HTFUness.

Sadly shaved it off, now I'm back to square one.

moorey

call me Mia
I am in 100% agreeance, the science is undeniable. Grew a beard myself over summer and noticed the benefit of improved performance as well as increased HTFUness.

Sadly shaved it off, now I'm back to square one.
Correlates well with the abundance of rides you piked on. I'm convinced.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Fantastic. I now have another response for why I have chosen to grown a beard.

Sent from my iPhone

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Who cares about the hipster bit- there is no way I am buying a steel rigid hardtail nor a fatbike - I stay shaved! Call it a handicap

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
This beard caper has gone full circle. At one point beards were the sign of a man who didn't give a shit. Now it is all beard this, facial hair that - I contend that a beard is now the sign of a weak willed conformist.

The latest beard 'thing' is now well past its used by date and is a push from barely pubescent young men (boys) who all of a sudden realise they can manifest some kind of facial growth and are now riding on the coat tails of the real pioneers - the REAL men that grew beards, 'back in the day'. Well boys - give yourselves a pat on the back - if that is all it takes to be a 'man' these days - well, what hope does the world have...jesus wept.

My proof: Does Jared Graves have a beard? No. End of thread.

moorey

call me Mia
This beard caper has gone full circle. At one point beards were the sign of a man who didn't give a shit. Now it is all beard this, facial hair that - I contend that a beard is now the sign of a weak willed conformist.

The latest beard 'thing' is now well past its used by date and is a push from barely pubescent young men (boys) who all of a sudden realise they can manifest some kind of facial growth and are now riding on the coat tails of the real pioneers - the REAL men that grew beards, 'back in the day'. Well boys - give yourselves a pat on the back - if that is all it takes to be a 'man' these days - well, what hope does the world have...jesus wept.

My proof: Does Jared Graves have a beard? No. End of thread.
You clearly missed Johnny's beard thread a few months back....

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...rd-guess-what-you-re-an-idiot&highlight=Beard

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does being a lazy bastard that couldn't be stuffed shaving more than once a week therefore sporting a half grown beard most of the week class as a performance enhancing? ;) Probably not :(

moorey

call me Mia
Does being a lazy bastard that couldn't be stuffed shaving more than once a week therefore sporting a half grown beard most of the week class as a performance enhancing? ;) Probably not :(
Depends if a week gives you designer stubble (like Alex Perry), or a 5oclock shadow (like me)

DrDoom

Squid
My beard growing efforts are shameful, I could however grow the seediest handlebar mo if that would give me just 20% of beard buff.