Bearing press for linkages on Banshee

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any nifty ways or can suggest a good tool for the job?
Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
In a regular hydraulic press. Or pull together with bolts or something?

Bit of all-thread and a couplla salties.

Don't use a hydraulic press, they need FA pressure to seat them.

stoo

Likes Dirt
I spent hours making little parts on the lathe to pull the bearings into my Rune’s frame and swingarm, only to find that they could have been pushed into place by hand. Gently tap them in with a soft metal drift, or a bit of wood.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I fucked around with all sorts of shit with bolts and threaded rod and then just banged them in with a rubber mallet, gently.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I fucked around with all sorts of shit with bolts and threaded rod and then just banged them in with a rubber mallet, gently.
Sounds good. Socket on the outer, then tap that with the mallet?

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I am not gonna lie, I just hit the bearing, nothing fancy.
It really did not take much at all.
Haha I'm sure you had a fancy style of whacking it in!
Cool, well the rear triangle has been sent from banshee on Wednesday so hopefully see it soon, whack some bearings in, and back to full suspended goodness!

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool, well the rear triangle has been sent from banshee on Wednesday so hopefully see it soon, whack some bearings in, and back to full suspended goodness!

If it is a new triangle that has never had bearings in it, I imagine they might be a little tighter. Good luck.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

If you're in Sydney I have the proper bearing drivers.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flip666

Likes Dirt
If it is a new triangle that has never had bearings in it, I imagine they might be a little tighter. Good luck.
I might try freezing the bearing and heating up frame before belting in with a hammer (gently)