beautiful bikes - post them here

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I likey ! Matching oranges, maybe black grips.

View attachment 392493
I've seen a couple of these orange beasts out in the wild now and they're a bit....... bright. Don't look that great covered in shit either (which is a bit of a fail imo, MTBs need to look good dirty).

This greeny grey something colour looks heaaaaps better imo. Has a bit of colour change thing depending on the light too:

p5pb22864916.jpg

2022-Pivot-Firebird-02489.jpg

Scotty T

Walks the walk
This greeny grey something colour looks heaaaaps better imo. Has a bit of colour change thing depending on the light too:
I'm generally not one to make a fuss over these things but those lowers would have to be wrapped/painted. Camo pattern using the frame colours and a lighter grey like ye olde Sherman. Which would cost chump change if I could afford that bike :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Cheaper than a landcruiser.
Gen1 Cayenne twin turbo, 330kw, 620Nm, 3500kg braked towing capacity, came with the 911 brake package. Gen1 is quite capable as a soft roader, and with mods, gets quite extreme.

For towing a caravan, land cruiser at silly silly prices, compared to a gen1 tt cayenne in the 20-25 grand range. For just a couple to tour with a caravan, it works, taking the family maybe not. I’d probably buy two, strip the second for parts and rebuild everything, place on pallets strapped and ready to go, if you’re in FNQ and she throws a rod, you sit and drink beer waiting for your pallet of fun to arrive. Still less then half the expenditure of current cruiser prices. You’re not going to the cape in one regardless of mods, but it’s probably capable of going places the wife is never keen on getting to, I get told off for touching the brakes too hard at the lights, so bouncing off the roof and side window while trying not to spill a tinny isn’t her thing.

But the time I’m ready from a health, financial and time POV, fuel is likely to become a real issue.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Gen1 Cayenne twin turbo, 330kw, 620Nm, 3500kg braked towing capacity, came with the 911 brake package. Gen1 is quite capable as a soft roader, and with mods, gets quite extreme.

For towing a caravan, land cruiser at silly silly prices, compared to a gen1 tt cayenne in the 20-25 grand range. For just a couple to tour with a caravan, it works, taking the family maybe not. I’d probably buy two, strip the second for parts and rebuild everything, place on pallets strapped and ready to go, if you’re in FNQ and she throws a rod, you sit and drink beer waiting for your pallet of fun to arrive. Still less then half the expenditure of current cruiser prices. You’re not going to the cape in one regardless of mods, but it’s probably capable of going places the wife is never keen on getting to, I get told off for touching the brakes too hard at the lights, so bouncing off the roof and side window while trying not to spill a tinny isn’t her thing.

But the time I’m ready from a health, financial and time POV, fuel is likely to become a real issue.
Love the plan it's much more fun than the boring Cruiser vs Patrol argument.

Having lived in the Kimberly for 6 years driving an old Range Rover I'm very familiar with the rebuild it on the side of the road scenario. I would take a fun extracted 4.6lt V8 over a slightly more reliable (maybe still not completely convinced) diesel Cruiser any day.

Now I'm remembering how the wipers would stop working when it rained because the fuse box would fill up with water :D. So stupid but so much fun.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Guy across the street from me has an old and battered looking veedub toe rag oiler with muddies on it, which i think is only used for the fairly large caravan he has.

Looks pretty capable, and looks like 911 brakes on that too. Just looked at car sales, had no idea they were that cheap!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The Gen 1s had low range gearboxes too didn't they? Also those ugly shovel noses made for some pretty good approach angles.

Weird Porsche went to so much effort considering the target demographic. They soon learned.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Gen 1s had low range gearboxes too didn't they? Also those ugly shovel noses made for some pretty good approach angles.

Weird Porsche went to so much effort considering the target demographic. They soon learned.
Yes and yes.

Engineers had the same misplaced thinking as gen 1 and gen2 outlanders. Suspension design that wasn’t needed by the users who would purchase, but fuck are they capable. My work fleet Outlander VRX was an absolute weapon in 4by mode on a dirt road, transfer case torque split was perfect for power slides, and suspension ate up potholes for breakfast. I really rated that car. Fugly. Interior was hideous. Engine was marvellous.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Jerry says otherwise...