beautiful bikes - post them here

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Old school head angle, new school seat angle?
He does like a steeper head angle: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-devlin-cycles-long-reach-trail-bike-prototype.html

“I’ve gone for a moderate head angle,” said Doyle. “I’ve done a lot of reading and absorbed some of what Peter Verdone has written about and what Sam Whittingham from Naked Cycles discussed on the Cobra frame building podcast regarding long reach frames and moderate head angles. I did some thinking, and thought, well let’s just do a platform that makes sense in my head. Fortunately, it’s kinda got really close first go.”
The bike also looks tall and that was by design. “The bottom bracket is relatively high, firstly, my local area has a lot more rock and steps than a lot of South-East Queensland trails. [And then] one of the ideas in my head is that with the longer wheelbase, I wanted it to be a little bit more tippy, which may be a weird way to describe it, but as opposed to being really sat down and into the wheelbase and making it hard to turn, I wanted the weight higher up to get it to flop over a bit.”

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
He does like a steeper head angle: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-devlin-cycles-long-reach-trail-bike-prototype.html

“I’ve gone for a moderate head angle,” said Doyle. “I’ve done a lot of reading and absorbed some of what Peter Verdone has written about and what Sam Whittingham from Naked Cycles discussed on the Cobra frame building podcast regarding long reach frames and moderate head angles. I did some thinking, and thought, well let’s just do a platform that makes sense in my head. Fortunately, it’s kinda got really close first go.”
The bike also looks tall and that was by design. “The bottom bracket is relatively high, firstly, my local area has a lot more rock and steps than a lot of South-East Queensland trails. [And then] one of the ideas in my head is that with the longer wheelbase, I wanted it to be a little bit more tippy, which may be a weird way to describe it, but as opposed to being really sat down and into the wheelbase and making it hard to turn, I wanted the weight higher up to get it to flop over a bit.”
I don’t like high BB’s despite having experimented with them previously, but the long reach and relatively conservative HA (by the current standards) is great fun on a trail bike.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t like high BB’s despite having experimented with them previously, but the long reach and relatively conservative HA (by the current standards) is great fun on a trail bike.
I agree. My old Evil Following (although not super long reach by today's standards) was much more fun in the standard rather than slack HA setting. Something to be said for lively, slightly steeper head angle on a shorter travel bike.