Beefed up Jamis

SKT

Likes Dirt
A humble ride with some subtle improvements makes a reliable aggresive trail rider that can take a 6'+- drop.

Dakar XLT 1.0, added Husselvelt stem, Mavic 521s, fat Richeys and a K-Nine. Already replaced the main rear arm after 2 months, under waranty..woohoo

Rik

logged out
Not bad at all! I was almost about to buy one of these, they seem like an awesome "aggressive trail" bike, great value for money too.
But the swingarm issue is interesting, I only learnt about it after I decided to buy another bike, which is probably good for me as no doubt I would've pushed the bike past its limits.

kranked

Likes Dirt
now thats a nice trail bike, u would have some fun on that, havnt seen many Jamis bikes around but that looks hot.

cheerze

SKT

Likes Dirt
stinky5 said:
Nice looking bike chief,
What do they retail for?
It was $2300 off the shelf at Toys-R-Us Townsville, I got the extra stem and bars and crap added for a few $$$. It also came with Mavic 219sand I sold my Kona Bear to a mate and he agreed to clean swap the 219s with the Mavic 521sI had built only weeks before I decided to sell the Bear, so that worked out well.

SKT

Likes Dirt
matty_2004 said:
Toys R Us??
Toys-R-Us.....like Toyworld or something. The Toys-R-Us in Townsville and Cairns have a fairly large bike departement with workshops. They stock a fair bit of decent complete bikes mainly GTs and that kinda bike, along with the crap $200 xmas types. A good buddy I have is kinda the boss at Townsville Toys-R-Us and he loves his Jamis' so got them to stock them, they get Komodos, the lighter xc dualies and ofcourse, the XLT.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha..i just thought the toy shops only sold $99 bikes with plastic wheels, bucket on the back, 3 wheels, etc.

grovesy

Likes Dirt
SKT said:
stinky5 said:
Nice looking bike chief,
What do they retail for?
It was $2300 off the shelf at Toys-R-Us Townsville, I got the extra stem and bars and crap added for a few $$$. It also came with Mavic 219sand I sold my Kona Bear to a mate and he agreed to clean swap the 219s with the Mavic 521sI had built only weeks before I decided to sell the Bear, so that worked out well.
Why did you sell the Bear?
A riding buddy is thinking of buying the Dawg