Beginner Freeride tracks around newcastle

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
Hi just just started to get into DH/FR and wanted to no if theres any good beginner FR tracks around Newcastle, mostly just drops and jumps to break me in without breaking my neck.

Cheers

Jacob

mrduke

Likes Dirt
If your at Caves Beach just head round to the quarry on the highway.Just head out from Swansea on the highway headin south,just over the hill from the roundabout is a barricaded driveway on your left.There's little dh tracks,jumps and drops.Although you've probably already been there.Other than that just get out in the bush and make whatever ya want,that's half the fun.

faz

Likes Dirt
There used to be some great trails in the hills above Jesmond Park. They ran from the back of John Hunter Hospital right down to the cycleway. Not sure whwta there is now having moved away 10 years ago but they were sweet trails back then. Maybe worth a look or if some others can verify them.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Are you trying to get in secret practise sessions Jacob before last dh race ourimbah?? Its not going to help

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
If your going to ride glenrock, respect the place as the staus of the DH trails is tenuous at best thanks to those who can't help building new lines.

For more info on Glenrock go to Glenrock Trail Alliance.

Important reading in there for any user of Glenrock.

Killi has a few good trails with varying degrees of difficulty and I would say for a beginner, Glenrock and Killi are the best bets.

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
thanks guys, i will be looking at going to glenrock this week for a look around and don't worry sammy i will respect the rules around the place its a shame to lose any track and will check out the proposals that the national parks have put forward

Cheers

Jacob

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
For those of you riding glenrock, we have had little or no input from the DH/riders (not through lack of trying to get feedback) on what they think of the NPWS draft trail proposal.

If your not prepared to speak up now, don't be complaining when it all goes to shit. The more input we have, the better our chances of getting some form of trail access for DH/freeride in the park.