Behaviour at our tracks.

MrPlow

TMBC
Hey all.
Just been reading "Revolution"magazine latest issue. Page 30 "Setting Trail President"is a story about the difficulties the riders in the Blue mountains area have had with gaining legal trail access.
Anyway the story in a nutshell is some idiot doing runs was asked by a resident to move his shuttle ute out of her drive so she could leave her house. She was told to "F off!"

This lady then set about lobbying against the tracks using the environmental reasons...
3 years of battles.

WHAT'S MY POINT?

Don't assume we have a God given right to Jubilee park. If you see anybody hooning around, littering, or just being a wank in general HAVE THE GONADS to tell them to stop or "F off"

Sure, they might think you are a bit of a knob, but at least you will have somewhere to ride still :love:

ANOTHER SUGGESTION
The club should think about some signage at the top and bottom kindly requesting all riders using the facility respect our local residence by driving under the speedlimit (I suggest 40-50 kph) until they are at the peak of Mackenzie st or off the dirt on Amos road.
This not only reminds the riders of our delicate situation, but also any residents can see that we as a club are actively trying to do something.
End rant :)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Keep the music and banter down too. I remember cringing at the loudness outside someone's house on a weekend at the pickup point at the bottom of Old Bathurst Rd track. I would have to feel like a kook after telling people to chill and be quiet.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Yeah......old mate with the ute in the OP needs a backhander. I'd have called a tow truck and had it skull dragged out of there if it were me.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Greg has something happened specifically on our trails to bring this up in addition to the article mate? You definately raise a good point.

Best way to prevent this stuff happening is through education. Everytime we meet a new rider on the trails have a chat with them and let them know what is going on in the club and how we need to consider the neighbours and the great relationship we have with the council. This relationship has come about from people like Greg who have spent enormous time getting the land in the first place.

Regarding the signage I believe this is being looked at and we are also exploring a grant to seal Amos Road. It is abbundantly clear that with the new trails being developed mountain biking in Toowoomba is about to take off and so will the traffic on Amos Road.

MrPlow

TMBC
Nah Ryan, nothing specific. Although I have noticed a lot more traffic on the few times I have been around and some ppl driving stupid is inevitable.
Just scares me to think loosing that land.
Good to hear things are underway RE signage etc too. Good work club.