Bendigo Downhill Crew

indica

Serial flasher
I actually put a fair bit of time into maintenance there and would like t see it not be elitist, think DH should be inclusive and the people that started this thread are my friends so go fuck your self.

warrior

Likes Dirt
why you having a sook indica if you dont live here anymore ?
did work on the tracks me and my mates built... good work.
That's enough Nev. No need for hostilities in this thread. If you look properly you'll see indica apologized for jumping the gun.

If you have something constructive to add that's fine. But keep your negative comments to yourself.

Cheers

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I actually put a fair bit of time into maintenance there and would like t see it not be elitist, think DH should be inclusive and the people that started this thread are my friends so go fuck your self.
How does making a big jump becoming elitist? Theres a big jump those keen can hit it when its open and safe. And for those who dont want to hit it and for when its closed theres a sweet B line thats actually a really fun line. I think as long as we all have something fun to ride theres no need to complain, what Russ and co have done to Maldon is awesome. Lets all just get behind what him and the guys are doing. Best thing that ever happened to the hill.

indica

Serial flasher
Making a jump that only you and Jack can jump (as you stated) and then preventing anyone from trying it in their own time is making it elitist.
DH should be inclusive, look at Cairns, massive stuff up here, nothing is gated and people are free to ride and crash and learn.
I have driven you up the hill for shuttles yes? Should I have said, naahh man, don't think you'll be able to ride the stuff, I won't take you up the hill?
I'm not saying Russell has not done good stuff there and it is a great hill. But you all need to keep in mind the fact that people want to try things and should be allowed to.

I'll leave this to all you guys to have fun with.
If anyone is every up this way, hit me up and I'll show you around.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Making a jump that only you and Jack can jump (as you stated) and then preventing anyone from trying it in their own time is making it elitist.
I didnt really mean it quite like that, I said me and Jack were the only ones to of hit it and both of us were suprised at how difficult it turned out to be. I would hate to see someone go off it thinking it wont be too bad and axe themself. Maybe once the jump is fully built and the line is properly run in and Russ thinks its all safe and good he might choose to open it up at all times. And you did give me runs once when my friend bought a bike off one of your mates. But I dont think theres any need to have a dig at me, I built the race track with some mates and for a while or so there a few locals and myself were the only ones maintaining the tracks at maldon. So you were riding what we maintained so abit of respect wouldnt go astray.

indica

Serial flasher
I wasn't having a dig at you. I was pointing out the perception form the way things were posted is all.
All good mate - get your arse up this way for Gravitate sometime.
Jacobs and Rennie took everyone on a shuttle day - I couldn't do this one but will the next for sure.

BTW - we from Bendigo did also help maintain the tracks.... and yes I do appreciate what was there, I had a blast.

Last edited:

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I wasn't having a dig at you. I was pointing out the perception form the way things were posted is all.
All good mate - get your arse up this way for Gravitate sometime.
Jacobs and Rennie took everyone on a shuttle day - I couldn't do this one but will the next for sure.

BTW - we from Bendigo did also help maintain the tracks.... and yes I do appreciate what was there, I had a blast.
Yeah I live about 500m away from the tracks so Im there pretty much everyday. Catch ya out here sometime

indica

Serial flasher
.... and while he`s stuck up there his missus is contemplating riding a 29er SS rigid.
Submit to the dark side and your training will be complete. MWAH HAW HAW HAW!!!!
Ahhhh, missed the shit stirring....

Hardtail? ummm How's the back?

BTW I am going on an epic AM ride on Saturday (or so I have been told)... people coming up from Townsville for it... can't wait - I will try to remember to take photos...

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
If any of you Bendigo DHers need a lift to this weekends race at Mt Major, I`ve got a few seats available heading over early Saturday.
PM me if you need a lift.
All forms of bribery graciously accepted but you have to put up with my choice of tunes.
Cheers
MH

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Mendigo MTB Club heading to Mt Major for ride day

G`day all.
The Bendigo MTB Club are having a social ride at Mt Major (near Shepparton) this Sunday.
The GV Club are having their usual monthly ride day with all XC and DH trails open for carnage.
Meeting up at the Epsom Market carpark near the Safeway Petrol on Howard St Epsom at 8:00 for an 8:15 departure.
If anyone wants to join the fun or needs a lift PM me.
Cheers
MH

Jimmy_Bend

Likes Bikes
Hey, i don't like this but think it needs to be bought to attention, I've came across a video of riders riding on the backside of Mt Tarrengower on vimeo, just know this is a very big no no

Kano

Likes Dirt
Hey, i don't like this but think it needs to be bought to attention, I've came across a video of riders riding on the backside kend, very big nono of Mt Tarrengower on vimeo, just know this is a very big no no

Lol ,you better check it out this weekend - Round 2 Vic DH series - the ranger will be there.....