Best Lubrication for my Ringle Lawwill Rear hub?

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all

Im currently a running Sun Ringle Abbah Lawwill DH hub at the rear of my glory, and i was wondering is there any real lubricant that such a hub would run for the freewheel system.
Im currently running a very small amount of diluted grease with a mix of silicon oil, to form a film throughout the teeth of the hub.

I pretty sure that this isent the best form of lubrication, thats why i am asking what type would best suit this hub.

Thanks all
Kind Regards Matt
:)

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, i use either 15w fork oil or dry lube depending where and when im servicing it. Its worked fine so far. As with any hubs, using anything thicker wont release the pawls as quickly as oil will. There may be something specific out there for it but as long as freehubs are serviced regularly there shouldnt be a problem.

|Matt|

Banned
Silicon spray is the go. Nice and light and won't break down.
Is that safe to use? Could I use it in my NPJ hub? Not that it matters, but for general useless knowledge, would silicon spray make the hub louder or quieter than whatever lubrication comes standard?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Silicon spray just leaves a layer of silicon to make sure the metal parts don't grind each other. The beauty is that the silicon won't break down like light oils or greases.

No idea re the noise. I've got Hope Pro 2s so they are bloody loud anyway.

|Matt|

Banned
Ah I see. Do you use a lot or just a little bit? Lubrication is something I don't really wanna cheap out on.

Would just a quick spray that covers everything suffice? Or do you need enough that it makes a bit of a pool in the pawl track?

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey Fellas, Thanks for the info. it has been more than usefull.
I was suprised that silicon oil was the go, i thought i was doing it wrong, which is a positive for i can say that i havent caused any damage from inproper lubrication.

As the last post stated, how much silicon spray/oil is necessary, being a decent Film or a pool of silicon oil at the base of the teeth?

Thanks all
Kind Regards Matt
:)