Best MTBing spots in tassie?

madebahr

Squid
Hey guys,
I'm doing an MTBing trip down to tassie soon. What are some of Tasmainia's best tracks and trails for a mountain bike so that I can add them to my list of places to visit?

ric7

Squid
Hope this helps a bit...

I'm not an expert on all the tracks, but I know of a few in Launceston... There are a few tracks out the back of the Gorge, access by the corner of Gorge Rd and Fulford St... Head up the hill and pull off near the peak to ur right...

There are a few more better tracks out near the Trevallyn Recreational Area, I've only been there once, but I don't know the way or the exact location..

Hope this gives you a point to start...

There are better places to ride, but this is the info that I know :)

Good luck

RC

ando120

Likes Dirt
Coming down to us inbreeds? haha all jokes aside. First up you will be either flying into Launceston or Hobart. Launceston has a place called 'Wyena' this is a pretty great place! but if you fly into hobart theres an even better place called 'Tolosa' (takes its name after Tolosa st) dont fear about getting here or anything. The one thing you need to do is call Vertigo MTBing. They do tours and will take you anywhere you'd like. Im an Ulverstone boy which is an hours drive from launceston or a 4 hour drive from hobart. but its only a 2 hour drive from launceston to hobart or vice verser. You can actually take buses anywhere you'd like. The bus from launceston to hobart or vice verser is Redline. They will help you with anything with a friendly voice. Also if you are able to contact Vertigo MTBing you might be able to get a lift with them.

http://www.vertigomtb.com.au/

you can work everything out with that website. i hope everything works out. if you would like any help when your in tassie and your lost, message me and ill give you my number to call me so i can direct you :) good day!

madebahr

Squid
Went and checked out the places. Glenorchy MTB Park was my favourite place I road, but the other trails were amazing as well!

Hamish Lyons

Cannon Fodder
Kate Reid, Trevalyn plus

So I've been riding around Kate Reid and Trevalyn for a few months now (Just moved to Launceston), and whilst I have by no means exhausted every single track on offer, I was wondering if there are many other options within range of Launceston?
Details of how to get there and the type of tracks would be appreciated.
I ride a hard tail, but don't let that limit what tracks you post, I'm sure others will be interested and may have different machines and riding preferences to me.
Thanks!

nathanm

Eats Squid
if you havent already check out pedalbite.com

AFAIK there's not a lot in launnie. Dial Range near Turners Beach, Paloona for some light DH plus a race coming up there in 2 weeks.