Best place to get yellow and black tape?

Speedy

Likes Dirt
I'm looking for some yellow and black tape, the stuff used to mark off race tracks, did anyone know where the best place to get it was (Bunnings??)?

stoff

Likes Dirt
Try any safety supplier (ie RSEA). Your local hardware shop or builder's hire will generally stock it too.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ask your parents if they know any landscapers or builder the have tons of the stuff ussually i should know my bro is a landscaper i got piles of the stuff literally a big pile in my garage like 2 foot tall and yes it is expensive to buy thats why you dont buy it you "acquire" it

hope that helps

Jazza02

Likes Dirt
A electrical store would be the best place or safety shop. They retail for about $10 per roll!!

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be in Kenso tomorow Wednesday ..... ive got a whole bunch of the stuff you can have PM for details

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 33

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah but so are most things in our awesome little sport. !!!!!! Been to bike shop lately dude

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Concretors can get the stuff really cheap. If you want different colours they can do most of it.
$9 for 100m isn't that expensive! I've been quoted $22 for 100m of the red and white stuff.
Next DH track I bunt off will be with crime scene tape........;)

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
dozer that will look good

if you know someone in mining they have heaps of the stuff
yellow and black , red and white
how much did you need

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
The cheap stuff is single ply, the two ply stuff is hell expensive.
We have some super heavy duty 2 ply bunting tape here at work that would stop a moto in it's tracks. There are different grades of tape, some are really thin and almost see through while others are as thick as a seat belt.
Basically you get what you pay for.

Atomikryder

Likes Dirt
Also if u know a plumber, some of them have awesome thick tape saying "CAUTION GAS LINE " now who wants to go where there is gas.

Giantrider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just thought i should add, funniest prank if ever you 'fine' any police tape, get a mate to lay on a drive way and out line his body with chalk, tape the area off with police tape and watchfor the reaction of your unsuspecting neigbours and friends :D... funny every time :p

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
The cheap stuff is single ply, the two ply stuff is hell expensive.
We have some super heavy duty 2 ply bunting tape here at work that would stop a moto in it's tracks. There are different grades of tape, some are really thin and almost see through while others are as thick as a seat belt.
Basically you get what you pay for.
Yep that's right.
I was marking out a track the other week and found some old 2 ply tape lying on the ground from 3yrs ago (last time we used that section) it was a bit faded but still super strong and hard to rip.
But I've also used the ultra thin cheap stuff and after 1 season in the sun the stuff rips as soon as you tap it with your finger. So not worth the $ or the time it took you to put it up.

Here's a tip, you know you got the worst tape if when you try to rip it it doesn't stretch it just snaps.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Yep that's right.
I was marking out a track the other week and found some old 2 ply tape lying on the ground from 3yrs ago (last time we used that section) it was a bit faded but still super strong and hard to rip.
But I've also used the ultra thin cheap stuff and after 1 season in the sun the stuff rips as soon as you tap it with your finger. So not worth the $ or the time it took you to put it up.

Here's a tip, you know you got the worst tape if when you try to rip it it doesn't stretch it just snaps.
Actually you are suppose to use the stuff that snaps so it doesn't strangle a rider crashing through it.

If you are using the stretchy stuff make sure you bunt it low, about 30cm off the ground, so if a rider does spear off course they roll over it.