Best SPD "Trail" Shoe

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I can confirm for anyone else in the market for some fancy bike slippers that the 2FOs fit the bill nicely.

I decided to take a punt on a pair to see if they were all that. I'm not usually a Big S fanboi and definitely not a white shoe for dirt duties supporter, but these were practically new, and cheap enough to take a chance.

I'm willing to make a few exceptions to my own rules on brand and colourways when they have been made for someone with a bit more skill than myself.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jiDKgC]

Stiff as but still comfy enough...if these last a session or two I'll be hunting some more out.
[/url]

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
^ always had good experiences with Spec road shoes. Good combination of fitted heel cup for security and wide toe box for comfort.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
sorry for the thread dig.
$%#$% Specialized 2FO clip lace shoes too tight in the toe. sizing charts for shimano and 5.10 seem a bit different to Specialized.

looking for an alternative (in the Pushys sale, or whereever) to Spesh 2FO clip lace. currently got Size 44, but they are a bit narrow and tight in the toe box. Under the tongue says EU 44, US 10.6, UK 9.6 and 28.3cm. ( I'm US10.5 & D-width in all my street shoes.)
Left foot is a bit longer than the right and measures about 27.5cm approx with heel against skirting board of wall.

I tried some shimano road shoes on a few months ago, their 44 was too tight, but 45 seemed ok. can't remember the toe box feel but don't think they were getting mashed like in the 2FOs.
I might have to try 45 in Spesh 2FO clip lace, but it would be nice not to be paying $250ish for new shoes.

Should I be wearing a wide fit shoe? or is there a brand with a decent roomy toe box?

The only local shops seem to have spesh shoes. nothing in any of the other brands

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Have a read at these @ForkinGreat and a few posts after each one.

Ive had a few posts over the last 18 months praising these shoes.

Just bought a new pair in the same colour for $100 from Pushys.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I haven’t looked at @ozzybmx posts but assume he is praising Crank brothers shoes. I picked up a pair of the lace up mallet e clip shoes recently and love them. Came off some leatt shoes that are a bit burlier maybe but the crank brothers are really light and comfortable. I had to go up half a size but found their chart to be on the money

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah CB Mallet Lace.

Here's my sizes for the shoes I've had. Some of these were the second pair after getting the sizing wrong the first time.

thdhdfh.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Have a read at these @ForkinGreat and a few posts after each one.

Ive had a few posts over the last 18 months praising these shoes.

Just bought a new pair in the same colour for $100 from Pushys.

thanks Ozzy, judging by your sizing spreadsheet, I don't think the size 10 CB mallet lace are going to fit me.
My 2FOs are 44, spesh road shoes also 44. Five Ten OG impacts are 43, but a bit too tight lengthwise.

I grabbed some RC transitions from the Pushys sale. sz 44.5. fingers crossed they fit. toe box looks good and wide.

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You guys aren't worried that the Crank Brothers shoes will spontaneously combust while you are riding?
Rumour has it their stuff isn't as bad as it was in the 2000's but I hold a grudge.