Best Spot in Sydney to learn Dirt Jumping Tricks

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get some new dirt jumping tricks down and i have been going to a few different spots to work out what are the best places to learn mad tricks. Anyway there is a foam pitt at Kurrajong so i am putting that up as number 1. (go the Pylet boys!!). Where do you reckon are the best spots in sydney for this????:D

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IMO the DJ's that you build yourself are the best. you ride them the most and you get lots of practice and you feel comfortable to do tricks on them :). but thats my opinion. or you can just find the biggest, narliest jumps in your area and hit them :).

and for people that live in sydney a area might help them,
cheers.

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
IMO the DJ's that you build yourself are the best. you ride them the most and you get lots of practice and you feel comfortable to do tricks on them :). but thats my opinion. or you can just find the biggest, narliest jumps in your area and hit them :).

and for people that live in sydney a area might help them,
cheers.
Oh yeah i 100% agree with that, and i defintely like building.. testing out, then building some more to get the jumps just right & how i want them for stuff.

What i am on aboiut is this....I saw a video with Lance McDermot in it. He showed how he learnt really hard tricks at some sort of park complex in the UK. Basically started off learning into a foam pit. Got the trick ok, then went on to doing it on to a soft ramp surface, then on to a wooden ramp. Finally he did the new move on to dirt & concrete. For him this was a quick way to learn really hard new tricks. So i guess this is the type of thing that i am asking about. Do we have anything like that in Sydney???? the best i have found is the foam pit in Kurrajong which is a long drive!

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, lance did it at "The Track", no really thats what it's called. and the 4X track there is like 5mins long...:eek:

matty hall

Likes Dirt
You can also do it of a jetty on an old bmx to get the trick down befor doing it on dirt. I made my own ramp and did it into water and it was sweet. I also went to kurrajong and i found the ramp really steep and hard to get tricks on. I would reccomend making your own wooden ramp and doind it into water. The only disadvantage of this is that you are not doing it on your own bike. my 2cents.