Best sub $200 dropper post

nathanm

Eats Squid
Looks like I missed out on the $150 KS ETEN dropper posts FML

So whats the best new sub $200 dropper and where from as I want something with warranty.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Internal.

They're over $200 on CRC. Plus I have a used one and it has a ton of play. Have had a reverb for 5 years without fault even with my fat ass as a comparison.

Apparently reviews on KS aren't great though.

X-Fusion Manic seems to review well and is $190ish at Cyclingdeal.
The X-fusion has a pretty strong history online of crapping the bed just outside the 12 month warranty, someone on here had one break at 13 months and cycling deal replaced it for them so CD are good to deal with in my experience. All that being said I have never owned one but was doing the same search you were a while ago.

I went with the PNW Rainier for the 3 year warranty when it was $250 but its running $290 at the moment from MTB direct.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I'd go with the Manic. I've had two from Cycling Deal with zero issues. CD has also honored a warranty for me on a completely separate issue so a good experience there as well. I've got one Manic on a bike which has been ridden at least weekly for over two years, and I can't tell the difference in function or remote feel between it at the Bike Yoke Revive currently running on the other bike.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I have a 150mm Manic for sale with only a couple dozen rides on it. Was a bit long in the seat tube of my medium Trance (pivot in the seat tube limited insertion...). I did notice it was pretty sensitive to seat post clamp tightness, but that may be a function of my carbon frame as much as anything.

Make me an offer?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
KS get bad reviews? I'm a fan of them and would recommend. Good warranty support and tend to work well. Both of mine (e10, Lev) are a few years old now and still going strong.

nathanm

Eats Squid
KS get bad reviews? I'm a fan of them and would recommend. Good warranty support and tend to work well. Both of mine (e10, Lev) are a few years old now and still going strong.
They may not, I don't know. I just did a couple of googles and the sites I went to had poor reviews. I've only got very limited experience with droppers, thus asking for advice from the greater mtb community in the hope they can relay their real world experience.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They may not, I don't know. I just did a couple of googles and the sites I went to had poor reviews. I've only got very limited experience with droppers, thus asking for advice from the greater mtb community in the hope they can relay their real world experience.
The thing with droppers and just about everything really there is always going to be a failure rate and people annoyed enough to voice it. I’ve had a bunch of different droppers and I found bad reviews in equal measure for all of them.
I also find a lot of negative press for an item is often not from someone that owns that item but brand loyalist talking smack about something they’ve never owned only read about.

The Ks dropper I had was great, never missed a beat. Only sold it to get a longer post.
Not in your price range but I’m loving my PNW post at moment and great CS from the company.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just fitted a manic from cycling deal and it is excellent.

Lever has a very light action. Feels worlds better than the bx posts I have run.

I also have a One-up v2 on another bike using a brand X remote and the manic feels better.

In fairness though it could all l just be due to the awesome lever on the manic.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I loved my old Manic...was running it with a Specialized lever. Super light silky action.

I also have a PNW Rainier which is now living on the hardtail. Needs a bit more weight to drop and isn't quite as silky but it's been across multiple bikes, doesn't play up in sub zero temps and can be serviced at home in 10 minutes...bulletproof.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Instead of making a new thread I'll bump this one. I'm after a cheap dropper also but I need external route. KS E20 seems the best but doesn't come with a remote and stock seems pretty non-existent. Do they just not make many external cable posts these days? Anyone know any decent $200ish options?