Best thing for cleaning off Stan's boogers?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Had my first Stan's bukake party today, What a freaking mess. What's the best way to clean up the tyre before I put it back on without dissolving the god knows how many holes that have sealed?

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had my first Stan's bukake party today, What a freaking mess. What's the best way to clean up the tyre before I put it back on without dissolving the god knows how many holes that have sealed?
Welcome to the often unmentioned peel off Stans skin.

Its a case of gently, gently and try to get big sections off in one go.

But, hey, at least you dont get flats anymore!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just leave it. Only more Stans going in.
But the grams...

You should be able to flambe the skin off without damaging the tyre. Get some flambe liquid and a lighter. Use something that burns quick and low like methinks rather than shit like paraffin or kerosene.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
220 in the oven for 15 min is the panacea.
I often find that also helps me fit the troublesome tyres back on the rim. Also note that with the wider rim trend if you can get them inflated asap as it can also help mould the tyre into a more ergonomic harmony with the rim.

nickdos

Likes Dirt
Pressure washer gets the thick stuff off the middle of the tyre but not the thin bits around the bead, plus you get soaked by the spray so sucks in winter. Its a good option if you're a weight weenie but not if you're anal about removing it all.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've done some peeling and while it took time the results are good. I was really only worried about the lumps on the bead. Oh and the bit on my wheels, glasses, gloves, shoes and beard.