Best value 2003 DH rig??

lindsay

Likes Dirt
That Raceline was pretty much brand new. The guy who rode it was not the fastest guy so he never really damaged it and he kept really good care of it.

no_3

Likes Bikes
that tomac certainly doesn't look like a Tomacs' It isn't lightweight enough and doesn't have xc rims. d-8's right, steer well clear.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
i never actually noticed the rims... I had a set of alex's on my KHS, they were pretty shit... didnt take much to buckle them and im not a very heavy rider (well I wasnt)

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Thats before he got obsessed with making a V10 weigh nothing! This was when he owned about 4 dh bikes and none of them worked. :roll:

DOM

Eats Squid
Budget

there is a Kona Stinky frame for $750 on trc forum 2003 model.
that would go alright as a budget Dher ?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the stinky would be ok for a budget dh'er (im riding one now) but with that linkage you get heaps of brake jack, which is a bitch.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
i'll put in another mention for the Raceline Extreme Pro DH (needs some more adjectives in the name don't you think? :p )
Was looking at prices today, they're going for $3150AUD brand new, 7in front and rear, hayes etc. only sus bit might be the DNM suspension bits, but i've never ridden them, so i wouldn't know.

Lukedog

Formerly dhr208
Alex Duke is selling his craftworks dhr208 for 3k, with boxxers , gremica disc etc, he hasent ridin it in about 6 months, its in oretty good nic