Best value ladies dual suspension MTB under $3000?

dan76n

Likes Bikes
So my wife has started to enjoy Mountain biking so I was thinking of getting her a decent bike for Xmas.
From browsing online I don’t mind the Canyon WMNS Neuron AL 6.0 which is just under $2600 delivered. She obviously won’t be able to test it out being Canyon but I don’t think that will matter should matter too much.
Any other suggestions out there?
Ive been looking at Gumtree, facebook and these forums for second hand but Ladies bikes don’t pop up near as often as men’s. If I went second hand I’d want to stay under 2k I’d say.
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/women-...hmenfarbe=BK/BU&dwvar_2082_pv_rahmengroesse=L

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Well done, you have a keeper there. Alternatively, if she likes shuttling, thats also a keeper !
Haha, absolutely no chance of signing her up to shuttle but I’m happy to have her out on the bike.
I managed to get her on Strava which she was very reluctant to start with but now she’s quite enthusiastic to see how fast she’s getting.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
A liv on sale. They reguarly get down to 40% off. Bike exchange will be riddled with them.
I've been looking at Bike exchange and there’s a few Scott Contessa’s that seem ok but the Livs don’t seem to compare from a component point of view. Mind you I’ve not seen any at 40% off so I might keep an eye out.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
I really feel for both in that situation.
My wife is really enjoying riding and she has a group of lady friends that started riding once a week at the start of Winter.
I figured if she can get through winter in Canberra without chucking it in there’s a good chance she’ll stick with it.
I don’t mind riding with her as it gives me a chance to show off a bit .

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Haha, absolutely no chance of signing her up to shuttle but I’m happy to have her out on the bike.
Mate, I have bought the missus a 6.5k e-Bike, she does not ride it. Waste of money, all she wants to do is shuttle us... to be honest, I would rather she would join us and ride... I've told her I will buy her the nicest bike, floated a Juliana (Santa mama) but no interest whatsoever sadly.

Her fitness in our mid 40's is more of a thought than my shuttles... yeah wash my mouth out I hear :rolleyes:

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Searched long and hard the Intrigue won in the end but that was only because my wife’s sizing needs are a little unique or the canyon would of shipped. She shuttles Stromlo with us and loves it... Becareful of some women’s specific geo it seems to get a bit weird.

There was some sights and perhaps some stumpjumpers too recently well priced from memory....

FYI I seem to think the bike was about 25% off - they bring in a lot fewer numbers so don’t think you will get near 40% now but hope you do....

Got mine a proper fit too which helped.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Don't bother chasing women specific just look for the right size bike. My wife has a Small Scott spark which was the same as a medium Contessa and the price difference ended up being huge when grabbing end of season stock.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Bringing this back to life. I postponed Xmas as Bday is April.
Wife has been riding a hardtail medium 29er which is a little too big as she’s 168cm tall so I’ve been looking at the small Giant Trance 2 but not sure about the 29er or 27.5.
I’m leaning towards the 27.5 TBH as I think it might give her a more playful and agile feel.
There’s obviously some pros and cons between the two wheel sizes but in real word situations for beginner intermediate riding will it be that noticable?

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Ended up going with the Giant trance 2 27.5 in a small frame and the wife loves it.
She now has a better bike than me, although I plan to take it for a spin one day.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
What's the actual difference between a women's and small men's other than paint and seat?
Yes I know it's not exactly a timely reply, but anyway..... Depends a fair bit on the manufacturers' perspectives (as do "men's" bikes), but women's bikes are usually a bit shorter in the top tube for a given size than the men's equivalent. Usually this is achieved via a steeper seat tube angle rather than a "cut & shut" to pull the whole front end back, so the crank remains a sufficient distance behind the front wheel for steering clearance.