Best way to get rid of waist high grass

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey
Well my advice is to either buy a goat, or a horse.
A horse i would mostly recommend because they are alot bigger and have a much larger stomach therfore taking longer to fulfil than a goat whereas you would also have to milk it every so often.
I've got two horses in my backyard and they do the job just fine, but the crap thing is that they take a sh*t everywhere and may just aswell step on and screw up the shape of your dirtjumps, berms, and whatever dirt-related.
But the idea of the goat may do better, probably get at least like two goats so they will do it faster (the more the quicker).
I cant tell if your joking or not but i found that paragraph very amusing, why must the horse be milked?

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
don't bother with a goat. Get a llama. They use llamas to keep the grass at Matchu Pichu short. And it has wonderful novelty value

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can just use a whipper snipper but start at the top of the grass and work down to cut it into finer pieces. If you try to cut the whole lot it'll clog but not if you bite away piece by piece.

Goat is good. But you have to eat it afterwards or it'll start eating EVERYTHING in your backyard.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
I cant tell if your joking or not but i found that paragraph very amusing, why must the horse be milked?
Eh, sorry mistake there, i meant that goats have to be milked (not horses). And if the goats are not milked, then they will die... dont ask me why they will because i really dont know, i just got that fact off a mate.

Beegony09

Squid
You need to contact them in a professional manner and inform that it would be beneficial to exchange links for them as well. Inform them that you would be promoting your site a lot and there would be a lot of traffic and your website will get a good PR.

dj ben

Likes Dirt
just get a bunch of mates over, stand in a line and walk forward whilst wildly swinging a shovel in front of you. Like they do police searches and they all walk forward in a line, just with shovels.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
...I don't know if you can hire one, but I have a Stihl FS550 clearing saw (ie. dirty great brushcutter) and cleared 10 hectares worth of 2-3 metre high blackberry...over 5 years...one of these would make short work of 20 m2 of grass...

a decent sized brushcutter'll do the trick...stay away from 'whipper snippers'...old ladies' cottage garden stuff...nothing but trouble...​

C.H.B

Likes Dirt
Brush cutter/whipper snipper is the go,i picked up a heavy duty one at the
flea market for $50 ,had a brand new ''pope'' motor on it too.the head was a bit worn but better for accomodating the 3mm thick chord anyway.

i like that goatAss suggestion before!,and wouldn't you only have to milk
the goat if it'd had a kid?,get a virgin goat then you wont have to milk it
(just keep them lycra clad types away from it too,i dont trust them!)

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Brush cutter/whipper snipper is the go,i picked up a heavy duty one at the
flea market for $50 ,had a brand new ''pope'' motor on it too.the head was a bit worn but better for accomodating the 3mm thick chord anyway.

i like that goatAss suggestion before!,and wouldn't you only have to milk
the goat if it'd had a kid?,get a virgin goat then you wont have to milk it
(just keep them lycra clad types away from it too,i dont trust them!)
what if it is a pretty goat? :cool:

Last edited:

Henri

Squid
dad's got this Stihl whipper snipper thats you can attach heaps of diiferent stuff to. We've got this hedge trimmer thats like a massive electric shaver/shear stick thingy that u could angle so u could sweep it along the ground. it works on tee tree n thick stuff n shit so would probably work good on grass as well

DALE09

Likes Bikes
get a scythe and hack a way to your hearts content but don't cut your leg off other wise it's point less go the round up or whipper snipper metals blades will own anything in your way.