Better bearings for a SRAM GXP Pressfit BB

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Changed my mind. What bearings can I use on 2017 Scott Spark to replace the shagged ones in my SRAM GXP pressfit BB? I'm not sure what I need in an Enduro bearing for example...

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Keen to hear the answer to this.

Also can all these new standards piss off. Trying to figure out whether I need a BB92, BB86, PF30 or PF41 is really shitting me off. I dunno if bike companies are doing this on purpose to save money on making frames with threaded bottom brackets, or to make people go to the bike shop to get replacements and get them pressed in, but I really miss the old standard 73mm threaded bottom bracket. End of old man rant.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Will follow this thread too. I have a SRAM DUB, Press Fit BB 92 and it's started creaking. Could just need some maintenance, but already thinking of upgrade options.

DMan

Will follow this thread too. I have a SRAM DUB, Press Fit BB 92 and it's started creaking. Could just need some maintenance, but already thinking of upgrade options.
Hurry up brains trust! I'm sorry it's not a question like "Should I wear a bum bag" or something similiar, that EVERYONE deems necessary to answer but.....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I need something like this... Sram GXP PF integrated / shell 41x92mm.
I'm waiting to hear back but I think it's this?
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/wheels...axle_size=102&bb-frame-fitment=103&option=316
That'd probably work, and the WMfg PF BB has alloy shells which should allow you to replace bearings more reliably than a plastic PF BB.

The alternative is the screw together version, which you should be able to nip up a bit tighter if you get any creaking, and would be much easier to remove for future maintenance.

I'll be buggered how GXP can work properly without an AC bearing on the drive side, given that you have to shim and preload that side. Surely that side load on a radial bearing would make it wear quicker?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Real photo of @DMan wearing his camel bum bag
when it’s in the front it’s a fanny pack...they are convertible you know..switchblade i think they call it....is an Extra $100 over a std bumbag but well worth it...you never know when you have a pole up your ass & can’t strap it to your bum...i’m waiting for a boost model...most endure guys buy super boost nowadays

DMan

That'd probably work, and the WMfg PF BB has alloy shells which should allow you to replace bearings more reliably than a plastic PF BB.

The alternative is the screw together version, which you should be able to nip up a bit tighter if you get any creaking, and would be much easier to remove for future maintenance.

I'll be buggered how GXP can work properly without an AC bearing on the drive side, given that you have to shim and preload that side. Surely that side load on a radial bearing would make it wear quicker?
That would be better if I could convert it.