Big Rubber Bar Ends

MountGower

Likes Dirt
The ends of my Woodchipper 2 bars line right up with the top tube of my Salsa Fargo. I am starting with them quite high, but I don't want to be forced to move them just becuse of this.

I have searched but can not find any bar ends that might offer some kind of protection against accidental collision of the two.

Once you have recovered from the deep sadness you now feel and risen above the horror of the situation, I'd be interested in hearing your ideas. They don't even have to be serious as I only need one good one to feel like my life isn't over any more.

Cheers.

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
are you looking for bar ends or plugs? cane creek make some nice full rubber bar ends. if you want plugs, maybe try champaign corks?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Odi plugs are fairly solid. I wouldn't use them for this purpose, as they'll likely still dent the frame.
Have you considered adding a spacer under your stem?
Or non lock-on grips with enclosed ends?

How about rubber feet for chairs and walking sticks??
rubberfeet-styled_lg.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The ends of my Woodchipper 2 bars line right up with the top tube of my Salsa Fargo. I am starting with them quite high, but I don't want to be forced to move them just becuse of this.

I have searched but can not find any bar ends that might offer some kind of protection against accidental collision of the two.

Once you have recovered from the deep sadness you now feel and risen above the horror of the situation, I'd be interested in hearing your ideas. They don't even have to be serious as I only need one good one to feel like my life isn't over any more.

Cheers.
The problem I've found with those Salsa drop bars (I have the slightly less splayed Cowbell 3) is that they are damn fat. None of the bar end plugs for the MTB bars I had actually fitted them. I've since learned that the Lizard Skin bar end plugs might fit and have ordered some. But in the meantime, I have stuffed each end with champagne bottle corks...after a little fettling...they fit just fine right up to the shoulder of the cork and the bulb pokes out the end.

sparkling-wine-cork-thumb23541673.jpg

Now I'm not so sure I need the Lizard Skin plugs!