Bike Bags - Far North Coast Nsw

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
yeah i just stumbled upon the problem of getting a bike on the plane with QANTAS/JETSTAR! saw the thread on virgin, but im flying back to sydney with a bike in tow now. they say its ok to take the bike as long as i dont exceed the 20 kg luggage limit, but the bike MUST be in a bike bag! not even packed in a box

Does anyone know where on the NSW Far north coast i could get hold of a bike bag suitable for one flight low $$$
i have checked on ebay and they go for about $30 for a pretty flimsy one which will be fine for the one flight. but im only here 2 more days and thats not an option. Lismore is where we are at the moment

ANY IDEAS?
thanks in advance

ja_har

Likes Dirt
I'd be ringing the airline straight back and talking the bike box option, Qantas can supply them for some flights so there is your arguement that they must be OK for the flight.

Any then boxes are next to nothing if you ask nicely at the the nearest LBS.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
If your in Lismore, just go into Harris Cycles in the main street. Keen Street, and get a bike Box they will have them lying around. but i don't think you will get a bike bag on the north coast.

but i have been on Virgin, and i know people that have been on jet(One)star, with bike box's. so i would just ring to conferm that. before you get to worried about it.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
already been to harris and got a box...but yeah ill call jetstar and see what the deal is, yesterday they expressly told me NO to boxes but maybe the staff on the North Coast will be more helpful! its annoying when they let some people go with a box and refuse others.