bike computer things

are they worth the money?

• Total voters

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
Ride_Guy said:
How much am i lookin at for 1 of the shimano flight deck timers??

Been interested as i have seen them on other bikes but never knew waht they were.
Yeah, I think spectre's right, about 20bux. I'll check tommorrow.
And most bike shops can get them???

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ride_Guy said:
wombat said:
Ride_Guy said:
How much am i lookin at for 1 of the shimano flight deck timers??

Been interested as i have seen them on other bikes but never knew waht they were.
Yeah, I think spectre's right, about 20bux. I'll check tommorrow.
And most bike shops can get them???
Yep. They come straight through Shimano so nobody should have a problem.

wombat

Lives in a hole
j5ive said:
is that all you need though? or does uit hook up to the flight deck?
Suprisingly enough for Shimano, it's a stand alone item :p . Seems to do a good job too, It has a little button that you mount somewhere near your grips so you can get to it nice and easy, and then you mount the watch wherever you can fit it (using a reflector mount).

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a VDO for 100 bucks.. and i had 2 other different ones prior to that even better than the VDO.. and bah.. wish i never got any of them. wtf cares how fast your going? i'd suggest getting one if you were into road biking or xc.. otherwise.. dont bother.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I've found my computer a good tool for training. Measuring average speeds etc... looking at getting a combined cycling computer / heart rate monitor or the full Shimano Flight Deck setup. Just to be able to analyze data properly instead of just trying to beat previous times.

I'm into cross country racing though, not a DH'er. That Flight Deck stopwatch sounds perfect for DH though.

Mommers

Likes Dirt
ive got a 10dollar one on my Repco i bought at safeway, works fine, It just doesnt have all the fancy features but you cant expect much for 10bucks these days.