Bike for Mrs Tubbsy

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's in Cincinnati now of all places. Don't think I've had a package from Europe go that direction before.

Time to measure up the frame and get the brains trust on here advise on shock hardware.
Call me crazy, but have you considered contacting the good folks at GT in regard to hardware requirements?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Call me crazy, but have you considered contacting the good folks at GT in regard to hardware requirements?
Don't be ridiculous.

Seems that the distributor is 99 bikes; I could go there with the part numbers but who knows how long until they get them from GT.

If I can get them quicker from mtbdirect or wherever that would be preferable.

There's also the chance that the specs on the Fox CTD the frame originally came with is different to the McLeod I'm getting, although from what I read the fitment matches Fox and Rockshox.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't be ridiculous.

Seems that the distributor is 99 bikes; I could go there with the part numbers but who knows how long until they get them from GT.

There's also the chance that the specs on the Fox CTD the frame originally came with is different to the McLeod I'm getting, although from what I read the fitment matches Fox and Rockshox.
I've been in your situation a few times with other brands and found an email along the lines of "I purchased this frame (year model etc) and I require a rear shock + mounting hardware. Can you please advise me of the dimensions required?" usually yields the results I'm after in good time. I'm not suggesting you order through them. Also mounting hardware is generally generic across brands etc, like derailleur hangers. My lbs usually has a box of them rattling around the workshop.

froom memory with the manitou shocks, their eyelets are smaller, this the different sized reducers for mounting.

moorey

call me Mia
Don't be ridiculous.

TL, DR. Growler.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I've been in your situation a few times with other brands and found an email along the lines of "I purchased this frame (year model etc) and I require a rear shock + mounting hardware. Can you please advise me of the dimensions required?" usually yields the results I'm after in good time. I'm not suggesting you order through them. Also mounting hardware is generally generic across brands etc, like derailleur hangers. My lbs usually has a box of them rattling around the workshop.

froom memory with the manitou shocks, their eyelets are smaller, this the different sized reducers for mounting.
Had a look at this link from Shockcraft in NZ

There are a bunch of mounting options for sale on that link, I'm assuming I'll need one of those.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
While Dougal @ Shockcraft is a legend, zero flights for your airfreight to jump on. You could not see the goods for two months easy.

Buy domestically.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
While Dougal @ Shockcraft is a legend, zero flights for your airfreight to jump on. You could not see the goods for two months easy.

Buy domestically.
Yes that's the aim, was just a helpful website with info specific to the shock.

I'll measure up the frame and post up and maybe you guys can help me locate what I need.