Bike for Mrs Tubbsy

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
At that sort of price it won't hurt if you end up with spares. Are you using a manitou shock? Because they won't be much use with a fox
As the frame doesn't come with a shock I was thinking of picking up one of these:

That GT obviously didn't ship with the McLeod, I just don't want to be caught out looking for something really obscure because that shock can't be made to fit.

My parts knowledge doesn't extend to how proprietary shock mounting hardware is for both frame and shock.

In the Q&A on CRC they suggest that Fox parts fit Manitou:

Just annoying that the GT document specifies part numbers, but not specific sizes.

T-Rex

Template denier
Fairly sure I'm going to push ahead with this plan.

Last time I bought a frame without a shock was over ten years ago; am I going to need to buy shock mounting hardware for this?

View attachment 362262

The image in the listing looks like I probably will, would be good to add it to the CRC order if I can but not certain what I need.

I found this on the GT website:

View attachment 362263

The document is vague about what these parts are, are they likely to be specific to the GT or something fairly generic?
It looks like the plastic spacer thing has bolts holding it in. I'm thinking you would need reducers. Worth checking if DIYMTB has some at different lengths. Worst case you can get reducers over length, I can turn them down for you.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It looks like the plastic spacer thing has bolts holding it in. I'm thinking you would need reducers. Worth checking if DIYMTB has some at different lengths. Worst case you can get reducers over length, I can turn them down for you.
Thanks, appreciate that. I think I'll just order the thing and get the verniers on it when it gets here.

Hopefully it'll be straightforward. Not like we're talking Spesh or Cannondale here.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It’s the only option for now. Shock is stalled in Birmingham with DHL...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What is the eye to eye length? Someone might have a temprary spare.
It's in Cincinnati now of all places. Don't think I've had a package from Europe go that direction before.

Time to measure up the frame and get the brains trust on here advise on shock hardware.