BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

moorey

call me Mia
If you think the method of attachment is the only thing that determines towing capacity, I think i might be seeing the problem...
You said they are attached exactly the same way. They aren’t. I can clearly see the problem.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You said they are attached exactly the same way. They aren’t. I can clearly see the problem.
Why are you picking a fight? Bad day?

The means by which the tow bars are attached are the same, with the usual variation between models of car. The kerb weight of the car is usually what dictates how much it can tow.

Haakon

Mine looks like this, rated for 310kg on the tow ball. IMO different to how the thing would be put on @moorey 's car

How it it attached? Bolted to the rear chassis rails? Much the same as my Clio...

Bigger towbar, bigger car, bigger capacity. Same means of attachment.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Pushys has 15% off hitch mount racks at the moment. My Saris superclamp is and awesome bit of gear, they do a 4 bike version too I believe.

moorey

call me Mia
Why are you picking a fight? Bad day?

The means by which the tow bars are attached are the same, with the usual variation between models of car. The kerb weight of the car is usually what dictates how much it can tow.
I’m having a great day. Simply following up on your moronic comments earlier about 4x4’s....

Contrary to popular opinion, you don't need a giant fucking 4WD to carry bikes around...
Not a single mention of 4wd’s leading up to it, just a man with a chip on his shoulder who flys internationally for a short meeting and thinks tradies and kids should be outlawed.

Haakon

I’m having a great day. Simply following up on your moronic comments earlier about 4x4’s....

Not a single mention of 4wd’s leading up to it, just a man with a chip on his shoulder who flys internationally for a short meeting and thinks tradies and kids should be outlawed.
lol. Ok boomer. You’re just being deliberately obtuse, so I’ll leave you to it.