BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Wanted to share it with you guys! I got many-many questions asking what to choose and I analyzed and wrote a review about best bike roof racks and carriers here. Enjoy! :dance:
I didn't enjoy. I felt the story line was quite bland and repetitive. There was no use of alliteration and the lack of sexual content really killed it for me. Perhaps a proof read wouldn't go astray.

You get paid how?

Oh and having used some of those products I cannot agree with your results, perhaps the selection criteria was different. Like aresholes.

Ideate

You get paid how?
They're all Amazon referral links if you hadn't noticed. He even confesses in is privacy policy.

"Bicycle-Guidercom Bicycle-guidercom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and any other that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program."

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They're all Amazon referral links if you hadn't noticed. He even confesses in is privacy policy.

"Bicycle-Guidercom Bicycle-guidercom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and any other that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program."
The question was redundant.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Keen to go the gripsport one now. A bit more than I was planning on spending, but looks like its something you only have to buy once..

Jeff BG

Squid
Yes, and what's wrong with it? I get feedback from my readers what they bought, what they suggest and so on. My work is to analyze different types and pick the best selection and be neutral. Also to keep this site going it is monetized with Amazon affiliates which is the most popular way to do it.
I would appreciate if you write me what you don't agree and I can make changes.

I didn't enjoy. I felt the story line was quite bland and repetitive. There was no use of alliteration and the lack of sexual content really killed it for me. Perhaps a proof read wouldn't go astray.

You get paid how?

Oh and having used some of those products I cannot agree with your results, perhaps the selection criteria was different. Like aresholes.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Jeff,

1) Your remuneration model is in direct conflict with your ability to present factual, credible reviews. Actual or perceived, it stinks.

Perhaps you could explain how u manage that conflict?

And 2) you are inserting your 'reviews' into other threads, passing it off as something it is not. It is essentially spam. Nobody likes spam.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, and what's wrong with it? .... I would appreciate if you write me what you don't agree and I can make changes.
If you haven't used it, how can you recommend something? Sure, based on others opinions. But a true review will try different things and base it on what you find.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Spammy Mac Spamage. You guys got an issue with his poo poo non reviews? "Write" him..... !

I hate Americanisms....

Ideate

• Learn how to English.
  • Do a better job with your SEO so you don't have to spam your back-links here.
  • Write unbiased reviews (as yours are clearly biased as that's how you make money).

Jeff BG

Squid
If you would know the story behind me.
PS. I probably studied English longer than you do...twice.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll keep it in mind!
Have a nice cycling Sunday.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Wanted to share it with you guys! I got many-many questions asking what to choose and I analyzed and wrote a ..................Enjoy! :dance:
Yes, and what's wrong with it? I get feedback from my readers what they bought, what they suggest and so on. My work is to analyze different types and pick the best selection and be neutral. Also to keep this site going it is monetized with Amazon affiliates which is the most popular way to do it.
We appreciate input in our discussions but not via links that are irrelevant to what we do here. I couldn't care less if your link is related to our site sponsor's room mates brother either so until you know how the site runs, don't link anyone to that junk.

Lard

Likes Dirt
There are stacks of brands in Europe, at least a dozen good alternatives to the 918 and all cheaper by a bit or a lot. One from France called Mottez I liked the look of, and also Saffier from Holland.

Cheapest I found was this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Towbar-T...id=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=171470681196

Not clear how that tightens onto the ball though...

But they all hold onto the frame the same way I don't like so I went the custom route. And I don't care how awesome the security is on a rack, I'm not trusting a multi-thousand dollar bike to it unattended in a public car park...
Has anyone bought one of those? I'm tempted but would like to hear from anyone that has one.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Finally got around to finishing my adapter. Even ran an (almost) perfect bead with the MIG, despite not having welded anything in 10 years!!

Second coat of paint currently drying, but a test run out to Kowen this morning was successful - really steady even with two bikes on it. Very happy with it.

Whole set up is 15.6 kgs, which is not super light but not horrible.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Has anyone bought one of those? I'm tempted but would like to hear from anyone that has one.
I have a similar design Torpedo 7 channel rack with a towball mount. It works great and unbolts in a few minutes.

They have a small notch and plate that fits onto the reciever so it doesn't swing around. The T7 ones go cheap from time to time.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Sooo I left getting a bike rack number plate way too late.

I see for Vic and SA I can legally take the one off the back of my car and put it on the rack - but can't find that info for NSW.

Anyone got an idea?