BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Where from? I want one too!
I was pretty lucky , a mates works for a company uses duel cab utes as their company vehicles ,

they were trading in this one , and they let me have it if I match their trade in offer of 3 grand , just have to get a roadworthy , laughing

Ideate

I was pretty lucky , a mates works for a company uses duel cab utes as their company vehicles ,

they were trading in this one , and they let me have it if I match their trade in offer of 3 grand , just have to get a roadworthy , laughing
DAMN! What company? I'll send them an offer on any ending leases!

Edit: Or just sell me yours for a profit? :yo:

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Thule Euroway 4th bike adaptor experiences?

Now have to carry 4 bikes and have a Thule Euroway that has the option of fitting a fourth bike tray/holder but was wondering if anyone had any experience with there's? Otherwise will put my whispers eb201 roof mount carrier to my the wing bars instead.

M4RT0

Likes Bikes
I'm hoping to get a roof top tent for the bigger trips, which then meant I couldn't just chuck the bikes in the tray anymore. Looked around for a long time and went the local 4x4 show. All the prices were $700+ to carry the bigger bikes (<15kg). Bit the bullet and chose probably the ISI carrier. It is a polished product that I will hold onto for the rest of my time on this big rock. The 25° up-sweep from the tow hitch is great for the fire trails.

Taken 2 demo's and a stumpjumper fsr for a spin down south and had no drama's (as pictured). Can fit one fat bike (4in tyres) easily too, but that uses 2 spaces instead of one.

It does take a bit of Tetris to get a full rack of Downhill bikes to fit easily, but I think a bit more practice will speed things up for shuttles. Done about 1,000km with it so far and will do a whole lot more over the year if I'm lucky. Would like to see an option with lights and illuminated number plate rather than buying an ill fitting board from Rhino etc (+$100 roughly).

Attachments

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Knocked this up the night before leaving for Bright.

3 bikes, could fit 5 easily. Worked a treat, some 2b4 roofing screws and an impulse buy Torpedo7 tailgate pad. Will fire up the welder and make something a little more permanent now.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now have to carry 4 bikes and have a Thule Euroway that has the option of fitting a fourth bike tray/holder but was wondering if anyone had any experience with there's? Otherwise will put my whispers eb201 roof mount carrier to my the wing bars instead.
Not sure if you've gone ahead with this, but Thule racks have narrow spacing between bikes.
Big bikes will be tight and will be touching

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had one of these T7 3 channel racks for some time now. Looks to be on sale again and the pricing is sharp at $124.
It holds bikes and they don't fall off.

https://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7CATN03B/title/torpedo7-towball-mount-3-bike-channel-rack
I've got one of those as well works fine, robust enough, bit fiddly to get 3 mtbs on, only problem is light and number plate mounts, it's supposed to have them to be legal I'd say. as lights obscured when bikes on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've got one of those as well works fine, robust enough, bit fiddly to get 3 mtbs on, only problem is light and number plate mounts, it's supposed to have them to be legal I'd say. as lights obscured when bikes on.
I've zip tied the bike plate to the rear bar. I have to fit another number plate on it so we can swap it easier between both cars. Like a zip tie version of 007's revolving number plates. I don't have any lights on mine either, I live my life on the edge :spy: but I'd bet you are correct.

Just purchased and received a torpedo 7 4 bike towball mounted rack - 3 days

which is a third of the time its taken thus far to get a response from ISI, and the meter is still running

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
which is a third of the time its taken thus far to get a response from ISI, and the meter is still running
Apologies for the hassle Steve Jobs' Pancreas. Other than a handful of emails from today I can't see any that haven't been answered. Happy to check if you want. I just need your email address to find it. We're normally spot-on with enquiries and if a response isn't back at you in 24 hrs then chances are there's been a typo in the return email address.

Cheers
George

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I just picked up a (new to me) ISI 4x2 rack last week care of Mr Linderman and have to say I love it. It's bulletproof, simple and will outlast my 2012 Forester... Thanks ISI for making cool bike rack stuff:)

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I recommend the Thule 598 which looks like is priced almost the same.

Very easy to throw up on top and connects/braces on each wheels and bottom of frame.

That Yakima one looks it has a bike lock that braces the frame to the back of the front tyre mount?

I don't know if its just me, but that mount looks like it braces more towards the front of the bike which is the lighter side. Only a concern when driving with wind from the side. Not like the bike will fly off, but there might be some sideways movement

Minlak

custom titis
I recommend the Thule 598 which looks like is priced almost the same.

Very easy to throw up on top and connects/braces on each wheels and bottom of frame.

That Yakima one looks it has a bike lock that braces the frame to the back of the front tyre mount?

I don't know if its just me, but that mount looks like it braces more towards the front of the bike which is the lighter side. Only a concern when driving with wind from the side. Not like the bike will fly off, but there might be some sideways movement
The only thing with the Thule 598 is that you have to pay another $40 for the carbon frame insert and the support bar for one of the bikes will be on the inside of the tray. So will have to try and reach in and around the bike to set it onto the frame.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Checkout the Thule Sidearm (594XT). I recently swapped my 591s for a set of these as I was concerned about my carbon frame.

Had lots of issues with it at first, the front wheel would start working loose if the arm wasn't in the correct place. It only comes with a wheel strap for the rear, so in the end I bought a wheel strap for the front (~$15) and haven't had an issue since.

It's an older design than present ones, but no contact with the frame (wheels only) and don't have to take the wheels off. Also as easy as the 591 to throw your bike on the roof and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk