BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Brother-in-law has a Yakima Stage 2 as the wheelbase on his Giga is enormous.
Great bike rack but a touch unwieldy as you said

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Brother-in-law has a Yakima Stage 2 as the wheelbase on his Giga is enormous.
Great bike rack but a touch unwieldy as you said
That looked pretty nifty until i saw its 30kgs... Jesus :oops:

My cheapie even with my german ball clamping contraption is half that. Takes my 1220mm wheelbase Orange with ease and would take something at least 100 longer.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The ST rack has a very thin hitch pin that was supplied with it, also the stabiliser acts as security as it needs to be fully loosened to remove it.
I think I've mentioned it before, but its a half inch pin as opposed to the ⅝" that come with most tow hitches. Mitch (I assume) said he just bought a locking one off ebay

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think I've mentioned it before, but its a half inch pin as opposed to the ⅝" that come with most tow hitches. Mitch (I assume) said he just bought a locking one off ebay
If I get the 'some thieving cnut' feeling, I back my car against something and stealing the rack without stealing the car would be a miracle.

ozzybmx

My ISI is 2013, was one of the early ones.

Nearly 10yrs old and was $500 back then, the replacement for my ST would be $2000 buckos, though I only paid $1200 back in 2019. Still don't want to lose it to some meth chunt.

ozzybmx

Sorry, got computer issues. Turned it on tonight to find it had downloaded a Windows Security update and gave me the dreaded Blue Screen Of Death.
Currently updating all drivers, Bios and deleting the update :rolleyes:

There was no method to my measurements, the steel box section were offcuts and took me about 30mins to knock up.

105cm wide and 125cm long.