Bike racks (video)

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
"

THE BIKES IN THIS VIDEO HAVE BEEN FITTED WITH BLOODY GREAT STEEL PLATES (SHOULD BE OBVIOUS AT 1.06 IN THE VID :rolleyes:) AND WEIGH IN AT 35KG EACH.

NOW STOP CARRYING ON ABOUT THE WEIGHT OF THE BIKES... WATCH THE PRETTY BOUNCING AND ENJOY THE MUSIC :p

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Theres a dirty joke somewhere about that test bed, I ain’t gonnna make it though

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did another test when someone reversed their car into mine with the bike on the back. No damage to the bike and only a paint scratch on the rack. Their car was well dented.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Come-on I know Konas are heavy but 35kg each....I want to see the competition failure videos.
I want to see them too! Maybe we should offer to put other brands of rack on this thing and film the results for those manufacturers :cool::cool::cool:. Volunteers? Anyone?

I did another test when someone reversed their car into mine with the bike on the back. No damage to the bike and only a paint scratch on the rack. Their car was well dented.
Love it. Now if only we could turn that into some sort of test that gave us quantifiable results. Are you volunteering your car :p?

35kg? Did you fill the tubes with concrete?
Yep... 35kg each. Check out the video at 1.06 and you'll see the steel plates fitted into the main triangle of the frames.

Yeah 35kg each... WTF
See comment directly above, mate . The bikes certainly weren't that heavy till we put 'em on a high-fat diet :D:D

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
It might pay to mention in the video, that the bikes were fattened up, otherwise people will not believe the 35kg per bike claim, mate.