Bike Security/ Home storage

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Another question here - at home I lock bikes using an ordinary bike lock through the rear wheel and frame, but not to the wall. Useless or would it have at least some deterrent function?
I do the same - D Lock through rear wheel, rear triangle and frame. Figure it will stop some kid riding off on it but it's probably naive thinking - they usually find your car keys, pile stuff in it and drive off these days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys are all giving a reason for whichever arsehole decides to break into your house to just trash the place in a rage of frustration. The "I can't steal it so I'll break it" mentality is strong among these kind of scum bags.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You guys are all giving a reason for whichever arsehole decides to break into your house to just trash the place in a rage of frustration. The "I can't steal it so I'll break it" mentality is strong among these kind of scum bags.
"Always leave $50 in the top draw" my grandmother said.

They'll probably put a hacksaw through your frame and take the bike for parts.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Leave a colourful but lower value bike unlocked next to the stealth super bikes. Meth heads will take the easy option.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
"Always leave $50 in the top draw" my grandmother said.

They'll probably put a hacksaw through your frame and take the bike for parts.
Or just bash it with a hammer and leave it for you to cry over.

Leave a colourful but lower value bike unlocked next to the stealth super bikes. Meth heads will take the easy option.
I suspect the targeted break and enter is a bit more organised than a standard meth head can pull off. I'm happy to be proven wrong on this!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So after a part day researching, I'm struggling to find decent security chain here in Aus. Does anyone have any links to buy locally?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For living amongst grandmas I’d probably just get a length of plastic coated cable. Chains are too heavy to deal with, and as others have alluded to are only going to slow a determined thief down. Cable is easier to deal with when threading through bikes without damaging stuff. Decent padlock, or even a combination lock so I don’t need to stuff around with keys on the end to something solid.

Cover the rest with insurance and possibly some stickers about cameras, or cameras if you can be bothered.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And register them with bike vault, I understand it's the first port of call of LEOs for recovered bikes, set up by a former LEO annoyed with the difficulty in getting bikes back to owners, or something.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
So after a part day researching, I'm struggling to find decent security chain here in Aus. Does anyone have any links to buy locally?
Best place to buy chain is your local rigging suppliers. They have every sort of chain imaginable, all high grade rated chains and a lot cheaper then you would buy a ‘premade’ Abus / kryptonite “security” chain for. Dont buy anything from Bunnings etc.

Go to your local electrical suppliers for some heat shrink and your good to go, or a bike/motorbike innertube appropriately sized to suit.

Travis.

Flow-Rider

Burner
From Bullivants and Blackwoods but it's not cheap. You can use large irrigation hose for a sheath so that it doesn't scratch the crap out of your bikes.