Bike Setup

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Some of what you’re describing sounds to me like you’re too far over the front of the bike.

You sound more uncomfortable than someone whose suspension isn’t tuned quite right.

A long stem sounds very much the wrong advice.

motas

Likes Bikes
Some of what you’re describing sounds to me like you’re too far over the front of the bike.

You sound more uncomfortable than someone whose suspension isn’t tuned quite right.

That could very well be the case, I think I am riding a little nervous on a new bike. I've been hoping it'll wear off but it hasn't yet.

It's strange that it is only on this bike though, not on others.

I'll try leaning back a little more though and see how it goes.

Cheers.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I also don't think a longer stem will help. I had great trouble getting the front of my bike to hook up. I tried a longer stem first but it didn't make a huge difference. It was when I put a -17° stem on it that it came good. That lowered the bars by 10m, but didn't change the reach by much. Don't take that stem angle as gospel though, we've got very different bikes.

I'll agree with the Rockshox needing bedding in. Mine were terrible for the first 6 months.

motas

Likes Bikes
I also don't think a longer stem will help. I had great trouble getting the front of my bike to hook up. I tried a longer stem first but it didn't make a huge difference. It was when I put a -17° stem on it that it came good. That lowered the bars by 10m, but didn't change the reach by much. Don't take that stem angle as gospel though, we've got very different bikes.

I'll agree with the Rockshox needing bedding in. Mine were terrible for the first 6 months.
Forks need bedding in :eek: that could definitely be it.

After the advice here I reckon I might just have too much sag to get the fork moving and too much rebound dampening. Hopefully if the forks loosen up I can get them moving a bit higher in the travel.

Cheers.