bike shorts for bigger folks

Hi Guys,
I'm looking for bike shorts for comfort reasons but the world is not ready to see me in lycra.
So i've been looking at MTB\shy shorts but am struggling to find any that will fit me.
I'm 112 to 117 (or 44" to 46") waist and 6'2" tall

Could anybody point me in the direction of places that may have this sort of sizing?

Cheers
Matt

Minlak

custom titis
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for bike shorts for comfort reasons but the world is not ready to see me in lycra.
So i've been looking at MTB\shy shorts but am struggling to find any that will fit me.
I'm 112 to 117 (or 44" to 46") waist and 6'2" tall

Could anybody point me in the direction of places that may have this sort of sizing?

Cheers
Matt
I used http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bigsize.htm?gclid=CNzgxOzeuasCFQtU4god5DQUeA

only need to measure yourself to get sizing great quality less than 7 days delivery at reasonable rates and they have a big and tall section ..... they even fitted out one of the american cycling teams once for olympics i think....

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure about other other brands but Bontrager have XXL shorts with an adjustable waist. We've had a few blokes bigger than you (not so tall though) fit well.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll have a hard time without going custom mate. I am 107cm waist and am at the limit in most brands XXL.

I wear baggies with knicks underneath.

For baggy shorts -

Mace are the most generous, with their XXL being loose on me. On sale on Torpedo7 regularly also. No elastic waist too, which is a big plus for me.

NZO Dobies in XXL would probably fit you also, as they have an elastic waist. These aren't my favourite riding short however, they are a bit heavy. Other styles of their shorts don't fit me in XXL.

Fox used to do limited XXXL runs of certain lines, but I'm not sure if this is still the case. I have two pairs of XXXL shorts from them that I have almost ridden to death, and they are awesome if you can find them. Again, no elastic.

Royal, RaceFace, TLD and Louie Garneau (sp) are all too small for me in XXL.

For knicks, anything from Torpedo7, NZO, Pearl Izumi all fit fine in XXL. Skins in XXL are a good fit for me also.

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 107 waist and am currently in Specialized BG Trail shorts in XL size. I'm fairly certain they came in XXL aswell but they were too big for me.
I also have a set of Netti trail shorts in XXL but the Specialized is a much more generous fit and has removable knicks which are also more comfy.

Thanks for all the responses guys.
I have found a fox short that goes to 44" (112cm) waist. Just need to find someone who either has it on the shelf or is willing to order it in for me to try on.
will look in to the others as well.

Cheers
Matt