Bike Wish list

Bikes are rad but ...

• I only need 1

• in the spirit of the Yes vote ... my partner owns my balls so I only have 1 nut and 1 bike

• Frack the 1 ... n+n

• I dream of having an office wall with every frame I've ever owned hung up on it sitting behind me

• I <3 Poll

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
in the spirit of

I subscribe to one bike cannot do it all.
What's your current bike wish list ... be it brand hoe, style hoe or full weird and wacky. Dirt, Road, or rocky dirt, commuter, e, cargo ... Whatever ... Go nuts and dream big.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
- Dual suspension gravelleur ... A la Niner's recent sea otter offering ... I don't care I think it's hot.
- Long slack XC wth dropper for super fast, super smooth flow trail / sniggle killer ... 100 rear, 120-130 front ... Sub 10kgs ... Climb everything, rail everything, mind boggling acceleration even for the unfit XC bandit.
- my current hard hitting bike ... Dare I say in ebike mode, sub 14kgs ... 4hour battery ...pedal assist up, bomb down, don't need to worry about shizzle.
- e-cargo bike .. Just because ...

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
images (3).jpeg

Ok... Now I've got some time to write something.

Mid travel 29 for longer days in the saddle. I'm old and need something easy on the body.

Slackish hardtail (such as a Nukeproof Scout, Honzo, Whyte 901 or Chameleon) for general messing around on and skills work.

That would do me and I'd struggle to ride one bike as much as I'd like to. Two bikes is a good number because you've always got a backup. That said, I'd welcome something like a Spitfire to the stable too - a nice nimble 27.5 that my son could grow into, but primarily my toy.

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Since being on a Pole I feel like I'm pretty close to the do-it-all bike I want.

Sure it's not going to excel in an XC race, and it will be rougher in a DH race, but I can still comfortably do-it-all at my existing skill level... And at 35, it's likely only downhill from here anyway, haha.

I would still like a Banshee Amp eventually for some street riding and dicking about at the local skate park.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I want a 26 inch frame with slope style angles, down hill strength, ~130-150mm rear travel, 150 or 142 by 12 rear axle and a 1.5 head tube! Oh wait...I've already posted this in the wtb section.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
1 trail bike and 1 DJ. Had a polygon trid ZZ and I clocked 80km on it at Bright over the enduro bike. It was a surprisingly awesome little rig. It'll be another one or a hardtail that sits next to the Last clay or Foes ridgeline 29.

Although my gravel grinder was handy to have when time was limited.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I want a 26 inch frame with slope style angles, down hill strength, ~130-150mm rear travel, 150 or 142 by 12 rear axle and a 1.5 head tube! Oh wait...I've already posted this in the wtb section.
Old Scott FR frame right there.. Been plenty on eBay UK.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Those polygons appear excellent value for money. Any chance of a detailed review please @Sethius?
Sure. Buy it, sell the pike DJ off before it plays up, put a different fork of your choice. I personally wished that a decent u turn fork existed for it.

100 to 130mm on the fly fork would of been amazing. Rode it down hero, the bright enduro track etc and up to coralynn falls, then all around town, box track etc. And stacks down here in Geelong, the youies etc.

Stocks hubs weren't nearly as crap as expected, gx behaved, the plastic pedals were equally impressive. Add some hope x2s or real brakes and it's actually as much bike as youd need. Was low 13s.

Service from Polygon/bicycle online was tops, I got better service from them and I was running a large bike shop and had work quicker through them then our own distributors..

Value for money was definitely there, nothing through trade or elsewhere came close to competing. Also pedalled slot better than most Slope rigs. (had 2 Dartmoor shines, played with Solid, ns, old transition, dabomb etc) polygons crazy for not selling it frame only.. Gotta be 10 guys locally that'd pay straight up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks @Sethius. Good to hear the bike holds up. I and a few friends have purchased through Bicycles Online before and always found the service to be tops.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Thanks @Sethius. Good to hear the bike holds up. I and a few friends have purchased through Bicycles Online before and always found the service to be tops.
Yep, you'll have no issues with it, minus everyone wanting to ride it. Also points for being the best build out a box and sadly built thousands over the last 15 odd years..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Spot bikes Mayhem was on my radar until I realised the Trek soft/hardtail was the way to go in these parts, and the whole unexpectedly-able-to-pay-for-a-Project One-bike thing

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
With the recent addition of a Pole evolink 150 (thanks Nerf), I've pretty much got a full quiver. I just ordered an Avy damper to go into a Yari and will run it as a 29er enduro monster truck.

Would be interested in a Zerode Taniwha but I'm a chunky monkey and can put out over 1kw. I'm sure @Zaf will be along shortly to tell me there's nothing to worry about but I've already got a Liteville 301 and Focus Sam in that space. The Liteville in particular is already 200g lighter than the Taniwha frame before you add 2.4kgs for the gearbox.

I'm in the middle of losing my dad body and will probably buy a new XC bike at some point as well. I have a hard on for Turner bikes and DW-link in general so might go a Czar or Mach 429sl.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk