BKXC (and Ibis) get and Ebike

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I thought Ibis would go the lightweight variant first.
Interesting looking bike though.

Stredda

What an ugly bike :oops:
Well I suppose Ibis don't really have a track record for making a conventional bike. They are always a bit out there.
Marin and Polygon gave a similar design a few years ago and you can go way back to the Mountain Cycle San Andreas.
I don't mind the design too much but it's a bit porky.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well I suppose Ibis don't really have a track record for making a conventional bike. They are always a bit out there.
Marin and Polygon gave a similar design a few years ago and you can go way back to the Mountain Cycle San Andreas.
I don't mind the design too much but it's a bit porky.
I'm a bit of a straight tube bloke, I look at those swoopy swingarms with a face like I've just licked a 9v battery :)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Weirdly, I really don't mind it. 99% of ebikes are ugly af anyway, at least this one is trying to do something different with its visible heft.

No info on the suspension design though?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ibis still only offering a seven year warranty, for most people that is probably enough. 2 years on the motor. $10999 US straight conversion at todays rates is $16912, local taxes etc this will be close to $20k Ooofft.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Weirdly, I really don't mind it. 99% of ebikes are ugly af anyway, at least this one is trying to do something different with its visible heft.

No info on the suspension design though?
Says DW on the chainstay. Does look unfamiliar and more like the Polygon setup though.

My first reaction was not good, with a little time I’ve mellowed a bit. But still not a very ‘Ibis’ look.

Stredda

I think that pretty much all the major brands covered now with an Ebike option. Really only a few low volume brands now, and that's probably due to development costs than not wanting to do one.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ibis still only offering a seven year warranty, for most people that is probably enough. 2 years on the motor. $10999 US straight conversion at todays rates is $16912, local taxes etc this will be close to $20k Ooofft.
One does get Performance level suspension so there's a fair amount of value there..

Ok, sorry that's a lot of money for not great kit.

And I struggle with the looks of it. 100% looks like the Marin / Polygon. From what I hear they ride beautifully but you'll be fielding questions on it every time you take it out.

I like an unconventional approach as much as the next rider but it would have to ride astoundingly well to get my money.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Subjective. I think it looks pretty cool, definitely unique.
Same, gloss paint helps. Reminded me of a foes

Build kit is terrible but that’s par for the course now, trying to keep the prices somewhat sane. 12 speed doesn’t belong on an ebike, 11 speed is bad enough for durability.

Minlak

custom titis
Same, gloss paint helps. Reminded me of a foes

Build kit is terrible but that’s par for the course now, trying to keep the prices somewhat sane. 12 speed doesn’t belong on an ebike, 11 speed is bad enough for durability.
I don't disagree on this build especially the 12spd on an E-Bike - I have realised though quite often the build is fine just not what we would have :) 0 If that makes sense - like we all like XT or XTR or X01 or ASX - But the lesser gear isn't bad normally just a bit heavier

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I don't disagree on this build especially the 12spd on an E-Bike - I have realised though quite often the build is fine just not what we would have :) 0 If that makes sense - like we all like XT or XTR or X01 or ASX - But the lesser gear isn't bad normally just a bit heavier
Speaking from a Shimano perspective, M6100 Deore is bulletproof

ozzybmx

Speaking from a Shimano perspective, M6100 Deore is bulletproof
Agreed, apart from the rear derailleur, very flimsy cage, made from a bean can and has a bit of wobble from new.
Brakes, cranks, shifter, and cassette are solid.

Rorschach

Agreed, apart from the rear derailleur, very flimsy cage, made from a bean can and has a bit of wobble from new.
Brakes, cranks, shifter, and cassette are solid.
Mines been OK, but I haven't spent much time looking at it tbh.
I've gotten to the point where I'm looking at lower spec bikes if they're running it I like it that much. Not that I can afford any of them anyway...

ozzybmx

Mines been OK, but I haven't spent much time looking at it tbh.
I've gotten to the point where I'm looking at lower spec bikes if they're running it I like it that much. Not that I can afford any of them anyway...
My Spur came with full Deore M6100. It got changed out over time but the rear mech was one of the last bits as we were deep in corona and XT rears were like Rockin horse poo.

Ended up on #1 sons bike and was getting a bit shitty when he did what he always does well and wrap it around the wheel. Swapped it for an XT.

The rest of the group is spread over my Cotic and #2's Canyon.

It is a great buy. Would have full M6100 before full GX.

Rorschach

My Spur came with full Deore M6100. It got changed out over time but the rear mech was one of the last bits as we were deep in corona and XT rears were like Rockin horse poo.

Ended up on #1 sons bike and was getting a bit shitty when he did what he always does well and wrap it around the wheel. Swapped it for an XT.

The rest of the group is spread over my Cotic and #2's Canyon.

It is a great buy. Would have full M6100 before full GX.
I've just bought another groupset for my second bike, even preferred it over the GX AXS